· 10 - 12 years prior relevant experience in the Financial Services, Legal, Compliance/Risk Management industries
· Minimum of 5 years of direct management experience
· Demonstrated ability to build and manage strong relationships with business partners and external parties.
· Proven track record of delivering meaningful programs and/or initiatives that deliver significant benefits to their employer and/or customers.
· Bachelor's Degree (Communications, Business, Law, Economics and/or Engineering)
· Master’s Degree (Communications, Business, Law, Economics and/or Engineering) and/or MBA with advanced Certifications (e.g., ACAMS, CRCM)
Management and Personal Capabilities
· Deep Financial and Compliance Knowledge including a strong understanding of the U.S. banking industry dynamics, banking products, BSA/AML & Sanctions, Fraud principals, Bank Financial reporting and Banking-Oriented Research Sources
· Outstanding Problem Solving and Decision Making Skillsenabling the candidate to rapidly assess complex situations and provide senior leadership with recommendations on how to address the situation
· Highly Adaptablewith a demonstrated ability to adjust to a rapidly changing environment and prioritize (and re-prioritize) deliverables for them and their team on an ongoing basis
· Strong Relationship Managementskills with a demonstrated ability to build, maintain and enhance relationships with Senior Compliance and Business Leadership to ensure timely and effective Reporting and Analysis and influence decisions
· Recruitment –Demonstrated ability to attract and retain top analytical and reporting talent in order to build and maintain a high performance Compliance Reporting Team
· Coaching & Mentoring –Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor their resources to increase their overall impact and effectiveness and ensure that the team can deliver on its priorities
· Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of Productsincluding Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and SharePoint products (advanced SharePoint Site Management experience is a plus)
· Data Aggregation & Transformation –Ability to aggregate, condense and transform both quantitative and qualitative business and technical data into easily understandable concepts for senior leadership (Hadoop, SQL, SAS Experience is a plus)
· Data Analysis –Experience analyzing large and diverse complex data sets to identify outliers, emerging trends and areas of opportunities for senior leaders using Excel and/or Visual Analytics Tools (Tableau/SAS experience is a plus)
· KPRI Development –Experience developing enterprise and operational level Key Performance / Risk Indicators and integrating them into day-to-day business activities and reporting; continuously develop improvements to the major periodic reports with the goal of increasing production efficiency and improving usability.
Reporting & Presentation
· Communication –Excellent written and oral communication skills, including developing executive level presentation materials and regulatory related materials with clear messaging and calls to action on a wide array of compliance topics
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San FranciscoFair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.