The Compliance Specialist is responsible for reviewing Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and FHA loan files and conducting cash and document audits on investor and portfolio loans.
This position will include the following duties and responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Review closed loan files to ensure proper and accurate documentation as it relates to said audits creating reports for senior management
- Ensure any and all closing loan conditions are met and documented accordingly
- Execute file testing as it relates to compliance initiatives
- Prepare and distribute quarterly and year-end summary highlights to report results and corrective actions
- Project managing select initiatives, as appropriate
- Training creation and development
- Create and deliver written and verbal communication/presentations
Education: Four-year Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience: Minimum 3 years’ in any of the following disciplines:
- Underwriting, operations, closing or loan servicing;
- Compliance or quality control;
- Legal document review;
- Audit experience preferred within the commercial real estate/multifamily industry.
- Strong compliance policy and procedure writing skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Understanding of traditional commercial mortgage origination, underwriting practices
- A general understanding of commercial loan servicing
- Advanced knowledge of Word and Excel
- Candidate must possess strong organizational skills and be team and results oriented
- Knowledge of Fannie Mae's and Freddie Mac’s guidelines
- Experience in Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, a plus
- A basic knowledge of FHA loans and the FHA multifamily product line, a plus
Travel: Some travel required.