The Compliance & Training Specialist supervises, directs, coordinates, and oversees PVM's compliance program for all affordable housing communities. Train all housing staff on resident file recordkeeping, rules and regulations in accordance with the HUD 4350.3 Handbook and Section 42 IRS code and housing software. Compliance & Training Specialist is the lead representative for PVM in all regulatory and compliance matters to ensure compliance with appropriate State and Federal regulations.
- Supervise, monitor and assist Village staff on all aspects of compliance with HUD Secure Systems and the Enterprise Income Verification System (EIV) including managing and setting up of new employees with access and training on required monthly reports.
- Direct the development or implementation of Section 8/Section202/Section 42/MSHDA/IRS/HUD/HOME compliance-related policies and procedures throughout the organization.
- Coordinate and oversee LIHTC and HUD file and management occupancy review and REAC inspection preparation and monitor corrections if necessary before and after external file audits.
- Conduct periodic internal resident file reviews or audits at each Village to ensure that records are current and in compliance with regulatory agency requirements.
- Train Village staff in the use of HUD Secure Systems and EIV, including initial setup and yearly certifications.
- Train new or current staff on appropriate use of housing software, proper record keeping of resident files, certifications, re-certifications and other areas of third party compliance.
- Float between Villages as needed during Administrator vacancies, vacations, or other reasons, as requested, and as needed.
- Collaborate with 2nd Compliance Specialist to work as a cohesive team, in addition to covering portfolio emergencies when on vacation, or as needed.
- Monitor use of MSHDA online software to ensure ongoing compliance with Section 42.
- Conduct and submit compliance reports with regulatory agencies and investors/partners
- Develop and facilitate HUD and MSHDA compliance training updates to Village Staff.
- Approve in-house files for all HUD Villages to ensure Section 8 and 202 compliance. Approve in-house files for all LIHTC Villages to ensure Section 42 compliance in accordance with PVM policy and HUD/MSHDA regulations.
- Approve in-house files for all Villages that have funding from HOME funds to ensure HOME compliance.
- Report violations of compliance or regulatory standards to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate or required.
- Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation. Conduct or direct the internal investigation of compliance issues.
- Design or implement improvements in communication, monitoring, or enforcement of compliance standards.
- Develop, implement, and manage new and current written policies and procedures related to compliance activities as updates with HUD and Section 42 are announced.
- Supervise, monitor, and assist Village staff on all aspects of compliance during time of increased volume (lease-up, re-certifications, etc.)
- Setup software for all new facilities (ICAM, TRACs, and EIV [HUD])
- Monitor compliance systems to ensure their effectiveness.
- Prepare management reports regarding compliance operations and progress.
- Discuss emerging compliance issues with management or employees.
- Provide technical support to Village and Finance staff on all issues relating to ICAM, Voucher processing, HUD secure system, and MSHDA COL software.
- Keep informed regarding pending industry changes, trends, software, housing and tax credit compliance, and best practices.
- Conduct external file services and trainings for organizations affiliated with PVM upon request.
- Attend and participate in all appropriate meetings and training opportunities in order to keep informed on current information and skill development.
- Follow established policies and procedures including but not limited to:
- Presbyterian Villages policies and procedures.
- Safety policies and procedures.
- Federal, state and local regulations.
- All other duties as assigned
Education : Bachelor's degree in business or related field. Equivalent experience considered.
Experience: Five years’ experience/background in HUD/MSHDA regulatory compliance and in senior housing
Advance proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and Housing software
Certificates & Licenses:
- Valid Driver's License
- Certified Occupancy Specialist and Tax Credit certifications