Interested in working with one of the markets leading manufacturers? The Greenheck Group is a leading growth-focused, environmentally conscious, commercial HVAC manufacturer. Join our team which proudly designs and manufactures the most comprehensive line of ventilation products in the industry. The Greenheck Group is a dynamic multi- branded international organization. Our equipment is used worldwide in commercial, institutional, and industrial facilities, ranging from comfort ventilation to manufacturing processes. Our efficient products improve comfort, safety, and health of lives across the planet. Since 1947, we are deeply committed to helping you “Build Your Future,” through professional growth, challenging leadership roles, and exciting opportunities around the world.
Unison Comfort Technologies has become aleading manufacturer of custom air handling equipment, packaged rooftop ventilators and coils by combining great people, passionate customer service, effective manufacturing representatives and competitive products. UCT is currently hiring for Component Assemblersin their Minneapolis, MN location. Component Assmblers start at $16.00/hour plus a $0.75shift differential for second shift.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Prepare foam panel assemblies for foaming machine by obtaining work direction from MII and determining correct order to prep kit of panels and determine which panels require internal features.
- Assemble blowers and fans and prepare them for installation in the units.
- Assemble framing, shelves, Hx drain pans, interior U-channel walls, filter racks, furnace bumps, hoods and hardware, mist eliminators and sleeves, perforated inner panels, condenser guards, grating, and VFD cabinet cut outs. Prepare these components for installation in the units.
- Assemble doors and prepare them for installation in the units.
- Operate the aluminum extrusion saw to produce component parts in accordance with part drawings and within predefined tolerances while following safety guidelines.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to set up and safely operate equipment effectively: welder, stud welder, shear, accupress, bandsaw, chopsaw, frame crimping machine, aluminum extrusion saw.
- Ability to safely use hand tools, power tools, and read measuring devices.
- Push, Pull, and weave welding skills.
- Ability to read and understand instructions and interpret information from cut lists provided.
- Ability to complete paperwork required by operations.
- Ability to distinguish the various types and thickness of material.
- Operate overhead crane/forklift/material handling equipment based on safety guidelines.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Perform daily housekeeping tasks.
- Be adaptable enough to learn the necessary functions in a timely manner and perform them within accepted output and quality levels.
- Must follow standard safe practices that apply to all activities.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- A stable work history
- Basic math, reading and computer skills
- Experience reading a tape measure
- Experience reading blue prints
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for a minimum of 8 hours daily.
- Requires frequent lifting, routine bending, leaning, reaching, kneeling, etc.
- Previous experience in sheet metal manufacturing, farming or the military is a plus.
- Applicants must be able to work overtime as needed.
Applicants must pass a computer skills test for interview consideration, and pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, physical, physical agility test, and criminal background check if offered employment.