Composite Technician Duties & Responsibilities
- Reads and understands drawings, work orders, work instructions, and manufacturing orders
- Weighs out resins and adhesives in secondary containers to the correct ratio's with material identification and lot number traceability
- Smooths successive layers to build required thickness free from wrinkles, air pockets or voids
- Demonstrates proper filling and fairing techniques using contour fillers with both hand and power sanders
- Demonstrates proper vacuum bagging and leak check methods
- Routes, drills, trims and sands to drawing dimensions and tolerances
- Records operational steps completed including lot numbers and expiration dates for material traceability.
Seeking a career with a meaningful purpose? Where your ideas are valued, heard and taken seriously? Want to work for a company whose #1 goal is saving lives? Robertson Fuel Systems, a subsidiary of HEICO Corporation, is the world's leading provider of crashworthy, blast tolerant and ballistically self-sealing fuel systems for military aircraft and ground vehicles, and have been one of the armed services most valued partners since 1976. In Robertson's quest to continually raise the bar in rotorcraft safety across the globe, it has recently entered into the civil market and is providing crash-resistant fuel systems for AS350 and EC-130 helicopters. Come join our innovative team - we're waiting for you!
- Competitive Pay: Entry Level starting at $18.00/hour
- Flexible work schedules, including 9/80 hours with every other Friday off
- Veteran-friendly work environment
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Training & Development opportunities
Think you've found your new "work home?" We're ready to welcome a new roomie! Check out our website: www.robbietanks.com/careers!
**Relocation assistance is not offered for this position. Out-of-state candidates will be considered, but with the full understanding that, if selected, relocation costs will be at the expense of the candidate.
Composite Technician Professional Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent; no experience necessary - will train
- Ability to work with basic shop tools and equipment
- Demonstrate an understanding of how manufacturing orders, blueprints, and process specifications ensure the quality of the product and provide suggestions on improvements
- Mathematical understanding consistent with the educational requirements
- Ability to read, write and communicate clearly and effectively in English
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled