Position TitleCompounding Operations Engineer
Auto Req ID9211BR
Functional Work AreaEngineering
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
The Compounding Operations engineer leads the daily production of neat and filled (short glass, long glass, and mineral filled) polypropylene product at the Bay St. Louis plant. This position is responsible for ensuring that the manufacturing operations are optimized to achieve business needs and goals. Ensures manufacturing performance issues are identified and resolved through involvement with self-managed work teams. Maintaining a strong focus on EHS and reliability. Develop programs that continue to improve performance.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
- Identifies and communicates operating unit goals and technology plans with respect to health, safety, and environmental concerns, unit operations, and technical opportunities.
- Converts Business Plan to daily operations plan and communicates the plan to the operations team. Compile weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual production summaries for comparison to plan. Communicate results to operations leadership, supply chain, and business team.
- Integral part of establishing relationship and collecting operational data to monitor KPI performance to allow unit to align to business goals.
- Ensures Business, Operations and Supply Chain are fully coordinated.
- Drives and leads key quality initiatives (Yield, Material specification changes, customer complaint resolution) in Manufacturing as required by business & technology needs.
- Provides technical expertise in the daily operations of the Bay St. Louis Compounding area; assists operators in resolving material, schedule, equipment, and quality issues.
- Supports Operations work process. This includes working with the Operations Leadership Team to establish and resolve performance gaps (PGR).
- Assess Asset Reliability work process - Works with the Process Engineer and Asset Operations Leader (AOL) to ensure operating plan, Preventive Predictive Maintenance plan, and reliability issues are coordinated.
- Leads new Product manufacturing capability of BSL and identifies investment requirements for commercialization of products.
- Leads the criticality review, determines the risk management strategy.
- Support and mentor site cooperative education participants.
- Establishes the root cause analysis (RCA) level criteria.
- Deploys Lean Six Sigma tools and also organize/perform AWO's
- BS or MS in a technical/science discipline; Preferred: In Chemical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years engineering experience
- Demonstrated results working in facilitative environment
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing operations, process equipment and technology.
- Ability to use simple statistical tools such as fish bone, histogram, Pareto charts, etc. for data analysis.
- Ability to collect relevant data, history trends, and process information, root cause analysis results, and other data to identify or troubleshoot process problems.
- Ability to use in depth analysis and structured methodology to identify the true root causes of a situation or event.
- Ability to lead others in discovering the answers to problems.
- Ability to actively listen and see different perspectives and communicate with people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to provide direction, guidance and encouragement.
- You must submit your application for employment online to be considered.
- Please submit your resume using the apply online option on this page.
- You must be 18 years or older.
- You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process.
- You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
Desired Skill• Plastics Industry Experience
• Engineering Degree
• Green/Black Belt Certified
• Six Sigma MAIC/DFSS trained
• 3-7 + years experience in Chemical Manufacturing, Plastics Manufacturing or other relevant experience
• Understanding of the sales and operations planning process.
CountryUnited States of America
CityBay St. Louis
GeneralPEOPLE WHO CAN
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
At SABIC, we know that our success depends on your success. We’re committed to nurturing your talent, to help you achieve both your career ambitions and life goals. We’ve created tailored training and development programs for our employees which are among the best in the petrochemical industry. This is not a job where you dream about the weekend. This is a job where you dream about how you can change things for the better, for everyone. And this is a company where your dreams can be realized, where your ideas can be made reality, and where what you make can make a difference.
SABIC is a global leader in chemicals headquartered in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. From making cars and planes more fuel-efficient, to helping conserve the world’s water supply and enabling colorful smartphone cases, we find solutions to the challenges of today to help our customers achieve their ambitions and build a better tomorrow.
Operating in the Americas since 1987, SABIC employs over 5,000 people and operates from 17 office locations and 17 manufacturing sites and technology and innovation centers in Exton, PA; Houston, TX; Mt. Vernon, IN; and Selkirk, NY.
SABIC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and as such will not discriminate in its employment practices, including recruiting and hiring practices, based on a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
SABIC is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of SABIC about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at SABIC via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of SABIC; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by SABIC as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.