The Singer Group at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Computational Biologist to work on the development and application of machine learning frameworks for analysis of high-throughput biological datasets. Our work focuses on deciphering the function and regulation of the immune system in cancer and autoimmunity (e.g. diabetes), through analysis of large-scaled datasets (e.g. single-cell transcriptomics). We study mechanistic immunology as well as the improvement of clinical diagnostics and therapy design. We also develop novel computational tools for the analysis of single-cell resolution data.
Located in Boston, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals
- Develop, apply, document, and maintain computational tools, both for own use and support analysis by other scientists.
- Develop and apply novel computational techniques for interpretation of high-throughput biological data.
- Integration of data from public databases into the group’s pipelines and analyses.
- Working collaboratively on interdisciplinary projects.
- Bachelors degree in a quantitative science (Computer Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Physics / Computational Biology / Biology with a bioinformatics emphasis).
- Experience in analysis of biological data is not required but highly preferred.
- Familiarity with programming using Python / R or related tools.
- Proficiency working in a Linux environment, knowledge of terminal shell usage (e.g bash).
- Experience working with high performance compute clusters and cloud compute solutions is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with all levels of staff and external contacts.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills
The candidate must also demonstrate outstanding personal initiative and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
How to Apply
Please Include a short description of your interest with your resume / CV.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.