- 2 - 8 Years
- Weekly Paid Travel
TECHNICAL SKILLSMust Have
- Apple Mac
- Bug Fixing
- Customer Assistance
- Image for Windows
- Windows 10
JOB DESCRIPTIONCandidate will be imagining, prepping and installing software and printers. This is an office based position.
Department: College Information Technology Services - Computer Replacement
Job Title: Configuration Technician
Job Status: Contractor
Within the context of the College Computer Replacement (BCCR) program, the Configuration Technician is responsible for receiving, configuring and preparing up to 50 computers/week for deployment to members of the community.
Primary duties include:
- **Adherence to College's COVID-19 policies and procedures outlined at bc.edu/reopen.**
- Install College Mac and Windows operating system images onto new computers.
- Perform Active Directory tasks.
- Troubleshoot data migration issues.
- Download, install, and configure department-specific software.
- Perform required software, operating system, and BIOS updates to meet security requirements.
- Escalate any issues with the data migration process to the appropriate colleagues using the TeamDynamix ticketing system.
- When needed, perform deskside computer deployments with Deployment Technicians.
- Assist with general office upkeep and organization.
- Work closely with client Application Administrators, client CR staff, and Deployment technicians.
- Contribute to team discussions and process improvement initiatives.
- Delivery and setup of new computers.
- Execute post-deployment process including data removal from returned systems, storage of hardware, and vendor pickup.
- Assist with data restoration upon request.
- Ensure assigned TeamDynamix tickets are updated and closed in a timely fashion.
- Must wear a face covering throughout the day.
- 2 years directly supporting customers in a broad range of computing and communications technologies with good analytical skills, a creative approach to problem solving, and attention to detail.
- Must be able to lift 30lbs.
- The candidate must have demonstrated excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should be a responsible and dependable person with exemplary customer service skills. The candidate should conduct him/her self in a professional manner at all times.
- Skills in multitasking, organization, and time management are essential.
- The candidate must have demonstrated experience in using and installing:
- Mac OS X
- Windows 10 Enterprise
- MS Office
- Networked and local printers and multifunctional devices
- Experience with any of the following is highly desirable:
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) or other Windows imaging and deployment solutions
- Mac Deploy Stick (MDS) or other Mac imaging and deployment solutions
- Symantec Altiris
- Active Directory
- Google Apps
- FileMaker Pro
- PeopleSoft IT Asset Management
- TeamDynamix or another trouble ticketing system (HP Service Center, Remedy, Heat, etc.)
- Understanding of computer security best practices for protecting user information and data.
- Experience writing scripts to automate tasks is a bonus but not required.