Computer Programmer II - Lafayette, LA (ID# 15057)
Since 2009, Cherokee Nation Technologies (CNT) has been serving government clients with time-tested solutions that increase client effectiveness through the intelligent use of technology. CNT's expertise includes software and application services, network services, and business process services. The company is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, with a regional office in Ft. Collins, Colorado, and client locations nationwide. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNT is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
For more company information, visit our site at: www.cnt.com
Cherokee Nation Technologies (CNT) supports federal clients and partners in their efforts to provide desktop tools to help visualize scientific data. These active relationships result in frequent application change requests to keep software products relevant. The software development cycle follows a pseudo-Agile approach promoting adaptive planning, evolutionary development, early delivery, continuous improvement and flexible response to change in requirements. A conceptual framework focuses on frequently delivering small increments of working software
CNT is looking for a capable programmer to support the following tasks listed below as well as providing logical development components assigned for coding and for final assembly of various software component code and production "builds" followed by deployment to production application servers
Advanced Programming Support to include:
- Requirements documentation, software architecture, coding, code review, user interface (UI) development, UI testing, and UI documentation
- Responsible for designing, developing, maintaining, testing and performance tuning approximately three geospatially and/or tabular driven web applications
- Documenting, creating, maintaining, tuning, testing and administering approximately eight databases served by Microsoft and Oracle relational database systems.
- Produce all necessary training materials to accompany custom build database solutions
Responsible for intermediate programming support to include:
- Database Design & Maintenance and interact with databases served by Microsoft and/or Oracle relational database systems
- Participate with senior team members on database schema design as well as software design & architecture
- Participate in writing software specifications/requirements documentation with senior team members and documentation
- Assist in creating training materials/user guides to accompany custom-built databases, applications, creating use cases, and test plans for written software.
- Document developed project components in the government provided code repository ticket and documentation platform
- Write programming code (including all UI controls) using, but not exclusively limited to, common programming languages such as JAVA or C#.NET
- Work on assigned tickets within the Advanced Applications Team ticket/issue system.
- Write SQL database queries using, but not exclusively limited to, common programming languages such as MS/SQL or PL/SQL
- Include "in-code" comments/documentation for all code blocks prior to repository upload.
- All code shall be delivered free and clear of any malicious code
- All submitted code will be reviewed monthly by senior programmers
- Participate in code reviews of other Advanced Application Team members assessing the accuracy, effectiveness, and quality of coding deliverables
- Test and publish all code to an in-house testing web server for review by Government.
- Assist in creating use cases and test plans for written software
- Perform the following types of testing on developed software: unit testing, functional testing, performance testing, and usability testing
- Participate in meetings related to application development
- Interact with other programmers on the Advanced Applications Team and other agency programmers to ensure transparency of projects.
- Provide technical guidance to other Advanced Application Team members where applicable
- This position does not have management authority or supervisory capacity
Education and/or Experience:
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT and/or relevant practical experience and training is required
- Requires a minimum of two to five years of computer programming in a related field preferably with a federal organization
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient with JAVA or C#.NET as a software development language, T/SQL or PL/SQL as an enterprise database communication language
- Must be proficient with Eclipse and/or Visual Studio as a primary development environment
- Have a general understanding of GIS environments and geospatial data containers is required to architect, build and maintain geospatially driven web applications
- Have critical thinking skills and the ability to problem solve
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Work well independently and within a team environment
- Have a Public Trust Clearance or have the ability to obtain one
- Successfully pass a drug screen and a federal background check
- This position is performed in a controlled office environment
With $400 million in annual revenue, 20% growth per year, approximately 950+ active contracts serving 60+ government agencies in 25 countries, 47 states, 2 territories and 2000+ employees, Cherokee Nation Businesses' (CNB) group of Federal Contracting Section 8(a) companies is well positioned to deliver expertise needed to solve complex technical issues. Federal Solutions provides an array of services for 12 of the 15 cabinet-level departments and agencies - from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense.
Why consider Cherokee Nation and our Federal Solutions business? Here are some great resources highlighting what we do and compelling reasons for joining our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.