Brandes Associates Inc. is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as a Computer Scientist (Software Configuration Manager) for a Department of Defense (DoD) program in San Diego, CA. The work involves the evaluation of third- and fourth-generation or state-of-the-art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements for a Command and Control (C2) Net-Centric Operations, Information Management and Decision Support system/application. Opportunities for career advancement, excellent benefits and stability are some of the advantages of our well-established, employee-focused company.
- In a teaming environment, write, test, debug, and maintain computer programs, conceive, design, and test logical structures for solving problems through computer programs, utilize programming languages and tools to code, debug, compile, test, and deploy computer programs.
- Utilize code repositories and configuration management tools to successfully manage computer programming projects.
- Adaptable to the ever changing computer science discipline by quickly learning and implementing emerging technologies and identify opportunities for use of emerging technologies.
- Working at the customer's site with government personnel to ensure program success.
- Three (3) years of experience either as a computer hardware and/or systems software specialist or as a systems analyst with duties relating to the evaluation of third- and fourth-generation or state-of-the-art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements for a Command and Control (C2) Net-Centric Operations, Information Management and Decision Support system/application.
- Five (5) years of computer experience in at least two of the following disciplines: system analysis, system programming, application programming, and equipment analysis.
- Knowledge of programming theories and methodologies, experience in network programming and data compression algorithms for minimization across networks, algorithm analysis, client-server programming, computer security, web services, publish and subscribe architectures and multiple language experience to include object oriented language types.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills—verbal, non-verbal, written, and listening—for staff, customer and organizational level communications, both formal and informal.
- Ability to work independently; self-starter.
- Working knowledge and use of Microsoft Office suite programs, MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar field desired.
ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: Eight (8) years equivalent training and/or experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree.
Condition of employment - must be able to acquire and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance. Existing SSBI or TS preferred. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
The applicant must have US citizenship at time of application.