Our customers Cyber System Assessments team is looking for a Computer Systems and Networking Engineer to join us in Colorado Springs, Colorado. In this role, you will need to have network administration skills, system administration skills, hardware skills, automation and orchestration skills, and the ability to adapt to the needs of a growing and evolving team. You’ll need to be flexible, motivated, and able to quickly learn new technologies to meet requirements.
Candidates will need to be able to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment. They must also possess a love for technical challenges, a desire to constantly learn, and be able to establish themselves as a critical player within a team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The position shall be responsible for delivering high-availability network infrastructure to sustain the online and on-site information technology activities of off-site users through secure and reliable means. The position is responsible for the design and implementation of network configurations, troubleshooting performance issues, carrying out network monitoring and the configuration of security systems, such as firewalls. The position shall work closely with project managers and other engineers to manage capacity and carry out on-site support.
Additionally, the position shall be responsible for maintaining computer infrastructures on all networks. Responsibilities will focus on the administration and management of on-site servers, software-network interactions, as well as network integrity/resilience, are the key areas of focus. Specifically, the duties will include network monitoring, testing the network for weakness, monitoring necessary network updates, installing and implementing security programs, administering Internet filters, and evaluating and implementing the network.
The position shall also be responsible for ensuring that computer hardware and network infrastructure related to data networks are effectively maintained. The position shall be involved in the procurement of new hardware, the rollout of new software, maintaining disk images for new computer installs, making sure that licenses are procured and remain up to date for software that needs it, maintaining the standards for server installations and applications, monitoring the performance of the network as well as checking for security breaches and poor data management practices.
• Must be a U.S. citizen with an active DoD secret clearance
• MS OR BS and at least 1 Certification, and at least 8 years of experience
• Experience and skill Linux system administration
• Experience and skill Juniper based firewalls and switches
• Experience and skill HP based switches
• Expert understanding of deployed network sensor technology, VPNs, proxies, pivots, relays, load balancers, failover, etc
• Expert understanding of network intranets & extranet engineering/architecture
• Ability to accurately document networks/decipher network diagrams
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in Ubuntu 18.04 system administration
• Experience and skill Riverbed Network Optimizers
• Experience and skill VMWare virtual networking
• Experience and skill Qemu/KVM virtual networking
• Experience with cloud computing environments or virtualization technologies like KVM, VMware, and Xen
• Experience developing automation frameworks using Python, shell, etc.
• Working knowledge of Ansible
• Working knowledge of Ceph and/or Gluster
• Working knowledge of Docker and/or Kubernetes
• Experience with the procurement of hardware and software, including writing requirements, deriving specifications, purchasing, delivery, and sell-off to customer
• Experience implementing security measures/best practices
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Colorado Springs, CO
• Travel: Non-Anticipated
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Gym Memberships
- Life Insurance
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Military Leave
- On Site Cafeteria
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Professional Development
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off