Challenger School seeks an enthusiastic individual to teach computer technology and programming classes at the elementary (1st through 8th grade) level. The computer curriculum specifically teaches students to take the concepts used in computer programming to develop their logic and critical thinking skills. At Challenger, teachers not only educate students but assist students to become self-reliant and productive individuals who value independence and individuality; finding joy and self-worth through achievement.
The computer teacher is responsible for:
- Learning and properly delivering Challenger’s curriculum and methodology to include conceptual homework, daily and weekly lesson plans that support objectives and assessments, and activities that effectively review previously learned material
- The safety and well being of Challenger students
- Effective classroom behavior management in accordance with Challenger philosophy
The computer teacher is required to:
- Have any 4-year college bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology
- Pass a background check
- Be familiar with programming, especially Python
- Have a friendly and confident demeanor and to work patiently with students, and co-workers
- Possess a strong work ethic and a desire to support Challenger curriculum and methods
- Attend all training opportunities and marketing events to learn and assist as directed
- Have excellent attendance to maintain continuity of the classroom during the school year
- Understand and embrace the values of the original United States Constitution
This is a full time position with benefits which include: significant Challenger student tuition discounts for children or grandchildren, health insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan, and paid time off.
**Please be on the lookout for an email from email@example.com. This email confirms your application submission and provides you with a link to our pre-employment assessment. This assessment must be completed within 72 hours in order for your application to be considered complete.**