Together we move the Atoms that move the World:
Imagine working on the front lines of innovation! As one of the semiconductor industry's leading suppliers of wafer fabrication equipment and services, our technology depends on finding and hiring the best and the brightest employees. We know that our dynamic, global team of exceptional employees is essential to our continued growth.
Lam Research - where successful people want to work:
We are a company comprised of people who work hard, deliver outstanding results and maintain a sense of humor during even the most challenging times. This is truly a rare opportunity. Lam Research is a market leader where our core values are not just words on the back of your badge. Given the criticality of this role to Lam Research's success, this philosophy starts with you.
Lam's Computer Technician (Manufacturing) manages and assists manufacturing departments with computers, software, and data support, assuring personnel and customers are protected through cybersecurity.
- Configure customer computers: Receive and qualify computers before they are attached to systems in assembly; install all Lam software, patches and/or firmware and utilities as required by customer; build and maintain all procedures across dozens of platforms
- Configure fleets of Handler-Simulating Testing Carts: Construct computer carts (chase carts) that simulate handlers; install all Lam-proprietary software, patches, and/or firmware as required by customer; routinely instruct final test and Sabre techs on use
- Troubleshoot and provide ongoing support: Support chase carts throughout the cleanroom, outside departments, and distant manufacturing sites
- Conduct SFX/CE file programming and testing
- Maintain corporate information security policy via USB and SD card locks
- Work closely with Global Information Systems (GIS) and test engineers with their ongoing automation projects
- Complete all required safety training, follow safe work practices, adhere to personal and product safety guidelines
- Six+ months experience installing computer-based programs/software
- Experience with computer programming (ex., DOS Linex)
- Skills related to mechatronics and electrical (ex., building a computer, taking apart parts to understand how they work, etc.)
- Understanding of Cybersecurity
- Proficiency with Multi-OS
- Experience with ERP Systems (ideally SAP)
- Proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, MS Teams)
- Ability to effectively communicate (English), both verbally and written
Additional skills and abilities required for success in this role include the ability to proactively take initiative; flexibility to work in a highly dynamic and constantly changing environment; ability to keep work area clean and organized.
Physical requirements include ability to work a 12- hour shift; lift and install parts up to 35 pounds manually; perform tasks with a working height of 22" from the ground; kneel, crouch, and squat frequently; walk around the facility as needed; comfortably scale a 10-step ladder.
This posting is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities but constitutes a general definition of the scope and function of the position.
More About Us ....
Our work is everywhere you look - even if you can't actually see it. Lam Research goes deeper than software or chips to the heart of the process that enables chip creation. So if you want to help power the components that empower everything, join us.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.