We are seeking a Computer User Support Specialist to join our ranks and lead a team. This work is both high profile and highly complex, so we are looking for problem-solvers that are able to work quickly to provide innovative solutions.
The tight deadlines and fact that we are releasing code regularly mean that this person must also be flexible enough to jump in when and where needed. Here are some additional specs for the position. If you think you’re the person we’re looking for, please get in touch. We’re excited to learn more about you.
You will operate and monitor on-site Tier 2 IT Support operations. Advocate for the customer through ticket resolution and closure for all escalated tickets. Provide analytical and technical on-site support for the operations of desktop/laptop computers, workstations, and peripherals on corporate hardware within unclassified and classified environments. Design, develop, and maintain installations of a variety of client operating systems including, but not limited to activities associated with the investigation of new operating systems, deployment and installation techniques and options, the maintenance and updates for new and existing operating systems, the configuration of the many different components of the workstation operating system to provide for reliable and stable integration into the Keyport environment.
Assist the ACTR in the ordering, delivery, and troubleshooting of NGEN/NMCI services including user accounts, computers, software, and peripherals.
Manage and schedule the daily operation of Keyport’s corporate Video Teleconferencing systems, that are composed of Keyport owned and NMCI systems. Schedule, setup, and troubleshoot unclassified and classified corporate Video Teleconferencing (VTC) sessions. Maintain VTC room access and usage logs. Provide monthly metrics on VTC’s total number of sessions including successful and unsuccessful events
Support IT asset management activities in accordance with applicable Intelligence Community (IC), Department of Defense (DoD), and NGA policies, instructions, and guidance. Perform IT asset management activities to support the processes of inventory, IT receiving, re-use, and disposal.
- Secret Clearance
- A minimum of five (5) years’ or more years of experience in leading a Tier 2 IT Support Service operations including the management, prioritization, scheduling, and resolution of IT Support Service tickets.
- A minimum of five (5) years of full-time professional experience working with the configuration, deployment, and operation and maintenance of Microsoft and Linux desktop operating systems. CompTIA Security + and/or ISC2 SSCP, Current Microsoft Desktop and Server OS Certification. Desired: ITIL Foundation Certification
If you really want to impress us:
- Tell us about your successes and what you learned from your failures (and don’t worry, we all have those stories).
- Mention your credentials and certifications be ready to discuss your other experience with forward-leaning technical programs.
- Let’s talk about how you lead a team. How do you bring out the best in your people? How do you delight your customer?
- Show us you can communicate succinctly and correctly. Are you detail-oriented or are your emails riddled with typos?