As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
Concert by Vox Media is a Publisher-led advertising marketplace that offers a one-stop solution for premium ad solutions in a trusted environment, at scale for the first time. Concert was launched in 2016 and has become the safe & trusted way to buy media across the open web with advertising partners.
TheConcert Operations Manageris both an internal and external facing role, integral to the advancement of new projects & initiatives in 2020. The ideal candidate will have experience in relationship management, analysis, and strategy.
This role is part of the Concert & Programmatic team and will report to the Senior Manager, Concert Operations.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner closely with the following internal teams:
- Revenue Product - integrating & onboarding new publisher partners
- Revenue Operations - pricing/packaging of new Concert offerings and working closely with planners for pitch strategy
- Finance - monthly billing reconciliation, investigate discrepancies as needed
- Communicate effectively with newly onboarded publisher partners by setting clear expectations and providing insight into performance & revenue
- Be a go-to expert for sales on publisher partner inventory capacity, capabilities, platforms, and activation points
- Continual analysis of new project effectiveness such as previous campaign performance & delivery
- Identify process bottleneck and inefficiencies and help streamline the order to cash life cycle
What You’ll Bring:
- BA/BS preferred with strong academic record
- 2 years in digital media or revenue operations
- Proficient knowledge of GAM ad server
- Exceptional analytical, communication & problem-solving skills
- Curiosity & willingness to learn by asking questions
- Ability to be an independent thinker
- Smart and quick proactive learner with organizational agility and attention to detail
- Strong project management skills
- Driven and achievement oriented
- Ability to thrive without an abundance structure
- Effective team player
- Strong Excel skills required
- Programmatic knowledge a plus
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.