Headquartered in Plano, TX, Cinemark Holdings, Inc. is a leader in the motion picture exhibition industry with 500 theatres in the U.S. and Latin America.
Join Our Team!
Do you enjoy working together as a team to accomplish major goals? Join Cinemark to utilize and expand your skills! We are dedicated to making the movie experience memorable, "One Guest at a time." Our world class talent creates a warm and friendly culture through shared values.
What We Can Offer You:
Every team member deserves the star treatment! Each career comes with a variety of benefits for both hourly and salaried team members. *Benefits may vary by career category, see career listing for exact details*
What is a Concessionist?
A Concessionist is primarily responsible to create a welcome environment for Customers. They sell soft drinks, packaged and/or bulk candies, popcorn, hot dogs, ice cream, coffee, and other food items to theatre patrons. This individual operates, maintains, stocks, and cleans the concession stand and/or restaurant.
The Concession or Restaurant Worker may also be asked to double as a Box Office Cashier or Usher, as staffing needs require. As a result, such an Employee must also be able to perform the essential job functions of those positions.
Some locations are equipped for alcohol sales. There are additional requirements for Employees who work with alcohol. Employees who work with alcohol may be in positions such as Bartender or Server.
A Day in the Life of a Concessionist:
- Greets Customers and visitors.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques.
- Provides fast and friendly service. The average transaction time should be no more than 60 seconds.
- Rings up the sale on a computer terminal, accepts payment, and makes change.
- Responsible for cash balance and inventory balance.
- Prepares food (popcorn, hot dogs, nachos, pretzels, sandwiches, light entrees, desserts, etc.)
- Properly operates cooking, warming, and popping equipment.
- Stocks concession and restaurant supplies.
- Cleans inside and outside of the concession stand and/or restaurant, food service equipment, cooking equipment, and utensils.
- Watches for safety or security issues (trip hazards, lighting, suspicious persons, etc.) and reports to management.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Checks the identification and verifies the legal age for purchase of alcoholic beverages.
- Verifies all necessary film ticketing restrictions have been met (where applicable) and places the appropriate stamped wristband on the Customer.
- Prepares, pours, and delivers alcoholic beverages to Customers.
- Understands and complies with state liquor laws and Cinemark policies with regard to alcohol service.
- Notifies management of impaired Customers, and does not serve them alcoholic beverages.
What You Will Need to Have:
- Availability to work flexible shifts which include evening hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Requires regular and consistent attendance.
- Ability to communicate with all ages, genders, and personalities.
- Ability to effectively and regularly converse in and comprehend in English.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, and to be able to move quickly as the bulk of concession sales occur in the fifteen minutes before the start of a movie
- Requires the ability to occasionally lift and clean popcorn kettles, warmers, butter machines, hot dog and other food preparation equipment, and soft drink equipment.
- Ability to move, carry, push and pull heavy bulk food products and containers from remote or separate storage areas. Sometimes this must be done quickly in order to keep shelves stocked.
- Requires the ability to reach at different levels.
- Concession and Restaurant Workers must be able to speak clearly
- Be able to hear or lip read adequately
- Have the manual dexterity to handle a variety of food products without spilling the contents, while accepting payment or making change.
- Ability to obtain a health card or food handlers permit is essential (where required).
- Employees who work with alcohol are required to complete a Safe Alcohol Service training program.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Accurate cash handling and math skills.
- Must be at least 21 years of age (for alcohol service).
- Must complete a Safe Alcohol Service training program (for alcohol service).
What Physical and Environmental Requirement You Will Need to Have:
- Frequent bending, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent standing, walking and reaching around the theater.
- Noise level may be moderate to high at times.
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.*
DISCLAIMER: This job description is intended only as a general guideline of your duties and responsibilities at Cinemark and is not a legally binding contract. Cinemark reserves the right to amend, change or terminate the job description, as it deems appropriate. Any change amendments, or modifications may be implemented even though they have not been communicated, reprinted or substituted in this job description.
All Cinemark theatres are designated smoke-free workplaces. This includes vapor, electronic, conventional, cigars, etc.