POSITION: Concessions Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Food & Beverage
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SAVOR... a leading provider of food and beverage service at sport, entertainment, and convention facilities, has an excellent opening for a Concession Manager for the Stockton Arena, Bob Hope Theatre, Stockton Downtown Marina, Oak Park and other facilities. SAVOR... is an affiliate of SMG, the world-wide leader in privately managed public assembly facilities.
The Concession Manager directs and oversee all Food and Beverage activities and employees for events by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned
* Develops work plans including scheduling, ordering, and assigning appropriate duties to subordinates
* Hire and train all Food & Beverages concessions staff
* Recruit non-profit groups
* Planning, assigning, and directing work for employees, and non-profit groups
* Supervises concessions employees and non-profit employees, bartenders and beer-tenders for events
* Ensure that concessions stands are properly stocked and staffed for all events
* Maintaining labor costs and budget goals
* Attend in-house event-related meetings and relays immediate changes with other departments
* Maintaining all Concession equipment cleanliness and annual maintenance
* Complies with Health Department and OSHA regulations
* Must be creative in marketing, concession signage and sales displays
* Attention to detail and consistency in every aspect of service is a must
* Position is very hands on with excessive interaction with staff and customers during events.
* Assists the Warehouse Coordinator in Ordering product (Food, Beverage, Paper product, etc....) equipment and maintaining uniforms
* Inventory control, Inputting, invoicing
* Assists the Warehouse Coordinator in receiving product
* Oversees Food and Beverage operations during event to ensure client satisfaction and quality control standards
* Maintains inventory control and utilize prior sales history
* Inspects and tastes prepared foods to maintain quality standards and sanitation regulations
* Monitors patron alcohol intake at events and adheres to all state/local laws and regarding the service of alcohol
* Ensures safe work practices
* Assists with rewarding and counseling employees in conjunction with Office Manager/Office Assistant, Human Resource;
* Ensures all POS systems are in proper working condition prior to the event
* All other duties as assigned
Directly supervises multiple team members in the Food & Beverage Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding: disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
* Requires at least 2 years of management experience in a concessions facility servicing concessions for large events.
* Prior experience with ordering & receiving and inventory control required
* Prior experience working with P&L accounts preferred
* Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
* Must be eligible to work in the United States
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Must be able to read, write and understand English
* Ability to meet the physical demands of this job
* Advanced oral and written communication skills.
* Strong orientation to customer service and ability to work with other staff members in the facility.
* Results oriented individual with the ability to meet required budgetary goals.
* Excellent organizational, planning, communication and inter-personal skills.
* Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
* Ability to be creative with marketing presentations and maintain quality product.
* Attention to detail and service oriented.
* Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
* Moderate to extreme exposure to noise during events.
* Frequent lifting/pushing/pulling up to 20-30lbs; Occasional lifting/pushing/pulling up to 40- 60lbs.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by event.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* Serve-safe certified preferred
* Proficient computer skills including the ability to operate standard office equipment such as computers, fax machines, phone, etc.
* Operate a personal computer using Windows and Microsoft Office software, including excel
* Some knowledge of a POS system (Tangent, Micros, Quest, Bypass)
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
* Some travel is required.
* Shifts vary -- Required to work any shift needed (as scheduled)
* Ability to work irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Recruiter- Celeste Benoit
248 W. Fremont St.
Stockton, CA 95203
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 209.373.1400.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled