Job Title: Concierge
Position Summary: Concierges are the first and last impression of our communities as well as administrative support providers for community leadership. They are responsible for providing top of the line customer service and hospitality within every interaction including greeting and directing residents and visitors, answering external and internal calls, and assisting with day-to-day inquiries and requests. Concierges help improve and maintain the community's overall comfort, quality, and efficiency by providing administrative and clerical support and applying safety, security, and emergency procedures. This position reports to the Business Office Manager and is part of the Administrative team. Our Concierges are the social center of our communities, forming strong bonds with our residents and their families through their daily interaction and support. They value the positive impact they have on our residents’ lives and the fulfilling relationships they gain in return.
Our Administrative Department is the backbone of the community, ensuring day to day operations are running smoothly and that our residents are happy and safe in their homes. They work closely with all departments in the community, advocate on behalf of the residents, and solve any problems that arise. In our department, staying upbeat and positive, exhibiting dedicated customer service and teamwork, and executing follow-through are critical to meeting the needs of our residents.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Greet residents, visitors, and staff in a welcoming, professional manner.
- Answer internal/external telephone calls promptly and professionally. Gather information, answer questions or requests, and/or channel to the appropriate destination.
- Properly understand and apply safety, security, and emergency procedures to ensure the well-being of both residents and staff. Monitor and direct those who enter and exit the building and follow check in and out procedures.
- Become familiar with all residents of the community, and communicate positively with them daily.
- Update resident roster daily, collect daily resident charges (meal tickets, general store charges, etc.), and respond to questions and concerns.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to Department Heads, Business Office Manager, and Executive Director as directed by the Business Office Manager.
- Keep front desk organized, neat, and clean and provide light housekeeping duties.
- Assist with all other duties as assigned by the Business Office Manager.
At Waltonwood, we are all a part of a team who are here to serve the residents living in our communities. Our residents count on us every hour of every day. First and foremost, we expect our associates to have regular attendance; defined as being on time and present to all scheduled shifts, for the entire shift. Our associates need to value the importance of timeliness, punctuality, and dependability, and how the lack of these critical elements affects others in the workplace and the overall community operations. We expect all associates to be willing to lend a helping hand to co-workers, direct reports, and supervisors, whether it is one of their typical job responsibilities or not. This includes welcoming new associates and residents into the community, and making them feel at home. Associates need to keep the best interests of the residents and other associates in mind, and be an active participant in accomplishing team, community, and company goals.
- Strong Communication Skills –Clearly and accurately provides pertinent information to individuals in verbal and/or written form. Able to accurately convey information in a way that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Customer Focused – Dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of the customer by establishing and maintaining effective relationships as well as gaining trust and respect of customers.
- Organization – Has the ability to arrange and utilize resources effectively and efficiently to get work activities accomplished. Does not lose track of tasks or responsibilities, and can be counted on to always follow up.
- Empathetic and Compassionate – Genuinely cares about people, and is concerned with their well-being. Sympathetic to the plight of those less-fortunate. Has the ability to understand and feel what others are thinking/feeling.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other computer applications.
- Knowledge of multiple phone line operations and proper phone etiquette.
- A minimum of 6 months of customer service and clerical experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Constant use of manual dexterity, auditory and visual skills and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
- Ability to reach, bend, twist, squat, kneel, push, and pull.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to perform repetitive movements including simple grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Constantly sitting, with occasional standing and walking.