Myers and Sons Construction, LP is a heavy construction company located in Sacramento, California. The company focuses on concrete construction, including bridge work, concrete overlays, concrete paving, water treatment plants, pump stations as well as other concrete related projects and both for Caltrans and other public agencies. Myers and Sons Construction was founded and is managed by C.C. Myers. Myers and Sons is also part of the Sterling Construction Company group of families. For more information on our company please visit www.myers-sons.com
We are currently looking for expereinced, journeyman level Concrete Finishers on our job at the Mesa Water Treatment Plant in Colorado Springs, CO.
Smooths and finishes surfaces of poured concrete highway roads to specified textures by performing the following duties. The size of the project and organization of the work determining whether a worker spends all his time on one job or is transferred from task to task as the project progresses to completion. Some workers habitually work in one branch of the industry, whereas others transferred from task to task as the project progresses to completion or according to the availability of work or on a seasonal basis. May be designated according to specific work performed.
- Signals concrete deliverer to position truck to facilitate pouring concrete.
- Spreads concrete into inaccessible sections of forms with rake or shovel.
- Levels concrete to specified depth and workable consistency, with hand held screed and floats to bring water to surface and produce soft topping.
- Smooths, and shapes surfaces of freshly poured concrete.
- Finishes concrete surfaces, or wets and rubs concrete with abrasive stone to impart finish.
- Removes rough or defective spots from concrete surfaces, and patches holes with fresh concrete or epoxy compound.
- Molds expansion joints and edges.
- Sprinkles colored stone chips, powdered steel, or coloring powder on concrete to produce prescribed finish.
- Produces rough concrete surface with broom.
- Mixes cement with hoe or concrete-mixing machine.
- Directs subgrade work, mixing of concrete, and setting of forms.
- Breaks up and repairs old concrete surfaces.
- Able to set up Screed, Bidwell, GoMaco and other equipment to specifications
1. 5 years minimum experience.
2. Must be punctual and reliable
3. Must be available to work *some*weekends/ overtime if needed.
4. Transportation to and from work.
5. Finishing tools
6. Experience in flat work including but not limited to; slab on grade, curb and gutter, valley pans, stair finishing, concrete paving, etc.
Compensation: $23+/ hr DOE (PLUS Fringe Benefits)
Myers and Sons is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.