- Job Type: Full-Time
- Location: Denver Division - operating primarily in Colorado and surrounding states
- Minimum Years of Experience: 3+ Years
- Willing to Travel
- Specialty: Commercial, Industrial
- Must be Eligible to Work in the US
IHC is a nationally known, full-service heavy-civil contractor, specializing in building highways, airfields, streets and local roads, parking lots, industrial pavements, and water resource projects. In business for 60 years, IHC’s primary market areas include the Rocky Mountain, Midwest, and Southwest regions of the United States. A leader in concrete paving innovation and quality, IHC currently ranks in the Top 400 ENR Contractors and employs 350 employees annually.
The Paving Foreman (PF) will supervise the concrete paving crew in construction of high quality concrete pavements on project(s) in IHC’s Denver Division which operates in Denver, CO. The PF will be responsible for achieving optimum utilization of the equipment, material and labor, thus, maximizing production and minimizing costs in the area of assigned responsibility. All of this is to be accomplished in conjunction with practicing ethical business transactions, adhering to the corporate policies, values and beliefs while pursuing the company’s short and long range goals.
The PF will work cooperatively with all other IHC operations in the production and placement of high quality concrete pavement. The PF is also responsible for the training and performance of all assigned subordinates on the paving crew.
- 3-5 years of relevant, progressively responsible supervisory experience in construction of concrete pavements on highway and airfield project(s) including extensive experience operating and maintaining slipform paving equipment.
- Excellent people skills & works well with others – team player!
- Self starter & educator
- Possesses excellent organizational/coordination skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bilingual Spanish
- Basic computer skills
- Experience/knowledge of mechanical/hydraulic/electronic systems on slipform pavers
Incumbent must be able and willing to work on remote projects in Colorado and neighboring states; work under very rigorous conditions – long hours and 6 to 7 days a week at times. Good communication skills are required and an ability to focus on tasks at hand, be a self-motivator, and to work well with others. Base hourly wage and Davis Bacon classification/hourly wage will be established and/or negotiated commensurate with specific experience and qualifications. Applicant must be at least 18 years old.
This is outside work in all types of environments, weather conditions, and all seasons. Due to the nature of the position, regular and timely attendance is essential and must conform to the company's hours of operation. Construction background required, prefer paving or heavy/highway construction experience. Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus
- Valid ID, background check, and drug screening are required for all applicants.
A comprehensive benefits package is provided to meet the needs of our employees at an affordable cost. IHC pays the entire cost for some benefits and others require employee cost-sharing.
- Dental (Class I & II)
- Company-paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Hourly Travel Incentive plans
- Retirement Plan Contribution
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Employee Recognition plans (based on years of service)
- Company Vehicle Plans
- Relocation (for select positions)