Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
This position is responsible for the overall direction, completion, and financial outcome for the concrete paving scope of our GPI project in Houston, TX and future complex construction projects with a revenue range of over $100 million.
Our GPI project is an $895M heavy civil construction project that includes over 50 miles of roadway construction as well as 80 new or partially reconstructed bridges. Construction of new lanes and the modernization of the existing tolling infrastructure will increase capacity and improve mobility. These segments of the Grand Parkway loop are expected to open Spring 2022.
Essential Job Accountabilities
1. Perform accurate project revenue and cost financial forecasting to ensure corporate profitability goals are met.
2. Manage a staff of up to 25 full-time employees including hiring, firing, and completing performance reviews.
3. Coordinate with estimators and project controls group to establish budget.
4. Coordinate with large project executive, construction manager and project team to develop comprehensive plan for project start up and successful kick-off.
5. Coordinate efforts with estimators, large project executive, and construction manager to manage resources to meet project schedule.
6. Participate in bid review and bid closing to ensure accuracy of bid and evaluate project feasibility; work with estimating team to develop bid schedule.
7. Provide environment where dynamic project communication occurs between Project Engineers, Foremen, Superintendents and Construction Manager to ensure work is accomplished in an efficient, profitable, and safe manner.
8. Ensure proper job controls, i.e. quantities, costs, revenue and schedule.
9. Establish and maintain working relationships with owners, agencies, subcontractors, inspectors, etc., providing customer service to develop long-term partnerships with client base.
10. Ensure accurate construction reports for the job allowing for continuous improvement in performance.
11. Run projects at profitability levels to meet or exceed expected margins.
12. Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
• BS degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or related field or equivalent work experience in heavy civil construction.
• Minimum of fifteen (15) year’s progressive project experience in heavy civil environments.
• Minimum of five (5) years experience in paving, concrete, dirt, and grading in either private or public environments.
• Experience as a Large Projects Superintendent preferred.
• Experience in Design-build projects preferred.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
• Knowledge of construction paving, underground, concrete and grading practices.
• Knowledge and understanding of union agreements and prevailing wage issues.
• Maintain ability to work in high production environment.
• Demonstrated decision-making skills.
• Excellent leadership skills.
• Excellent supervisory communication and organizational skills.
• Accuracy at all times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Subject to outside working conditions. At times will be working around large construction equipment, must be safety conscious.
• Ability to abide by Granite’s Code of Conduct on a daily basis.
• A team player.
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please click here.
Since 1922, Granite Construction has continued its long standing commitment to building some of America’s largest infrastructure projects including highways, bridges, dams, rail, and power. Recognized as one of the top 25 largest construction companies in the U.S., Granite specializes in complex infrastructure projects and provides award-winning construction services in mining, earthwork, water/sewer, power, tunneling, rail, highway and bridge construction. Granite also produces construction materials-sand, gravel, ready-mix, recycled asphalt product and asphalt concrete, and is a proven leader in alternative procurement project delivery.
At Granite, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability Safety and Citizenship and we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you’ll see that we are building more than infrastructure—together, we are building your future.
Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.