Directly supervises and coordinates the activities of field employees in a heavy highway/infrastructure construction environment. In addition, the Concrete Paving Superintendent provides leadership and is responsible for safety, scheduling, workforce planning, coordinating, supervising and assisting in cost control; ensuring the consistent and fair application of all PRINCE policies and procedures.
?Must champion and provide leadership, which results in a safe work culture. Is responsible and accountable for the safety of the crews under his/her direction.
?Knows, understands and communicates PRINCE safety policies and procedures to ensure compliance in all areas of safety
?Ensures timely responses, actions and corrections to any safety issue
Leadership and Supervision:
?Coordinates crews and is accountable for the efficient organization of crews
?Assesses competency and capability of employees on the project, and evaluates the capabilities of the crew members
?Facilitates training and coaching to ensure a high standard of excellence
?Recognizes and addresses issue/problems that may arise among crew members and provides effective resolutions
?Understands and consistently applies the policies and procedures of PRINCE
?Is involved and supportive of any day to day disciplinary decisions and those additional discipline actions deemed appropriate by PRINCE
Planning and Scheduling:
?Accountable for following project plans and schedules, ensuring that crews perform activities to meet production goals
?Identifies needs and deficiencies in the schedule and communicates these to the appropriate individuals
?Translates general work requirements into a prioritized work plan for each crew
?Reviews and adjusts specific workforce activities and task schedules to meet established production schedules
?Identifies, verifies and reports any scheduling conflicts with other crews and subcontractors to the appropriate individuals
?Accountable for the preparation of reports as required by PRINCE
?Approves material requisitions
?Accurately, and in a timely manner, reports time worked for crew members
?Recommends employment actions such as hiring, promotions and corrective action
(This list of tasks is illustrative ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.)
* Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees.
* Five (5) years or more of industry related experience leading concrete crews of 10 to 15 employees is required for this position, with an emphasis on roads, highways, and bridges.
* Must have experience with slap form paving and stringless paving systems.
* All work is performed outdoors in all types of weather, including extreme heat. Job requires long hours of standing, kneeling, lifting, pulling, squatting and walking.
* Ability to lift 0 to 50 pounds with frequent lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds
* Maintain constant awareness of the jobsites various concurrent activities, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
* Must have a valid, clean Florida Drivers License
* Must be able to travel throughout the state of Florida and be available nights and weekends
* Ability to erect the highest level of concrete paving, including meeting ride specifications, joint lay-out and proper thickness.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.