Titan Virginia Ready Mix has an excellent opportunity for a Plant Operator for its Powhatan Ready Mix Region based in Henrico, VA. This hourly position will report directly to the Operations Supervisor.
The Plant Operator works independently and is responsible for overseeing all ready mix concrete plant operations, including but not limited to operations, maintenance, production, inventory control, safety, quality, environmental compliance and supervision of plant employees. The Plant Operator may open and/or close the plant and rotate to various plants as needed. This position ensures compliance with all standards, policies, and regulations for safe, environmentally-sound production of quality concrete products.
- Ensure a safe workplace is maintained, following company policies and OSHA guidelines, by conducting and documenting appropriate training requirements for all employees
- Schedule deliveries and maintain adequate inventories to include raw materials, building materials, cement, fly ash, and admixtures
- Responsible for the safe, efficient production of ready-mix concrete using an automated computerized batching system
- Maintain a consistent batching sequence and monitor scale and gate accuracy
- Ensure that all products produced meet or exceed customers’ expectations regarding quality and service
- Ensure deliveries are made promptly, safely and efficiently
- Troubleshoot and resolve plant maintenance problems to ensure efficient and reliable plant operations
- Inspect plant facilities, equipment and ready mix units to ensure required maintenance, housekeeping, truck cleaning and safety standards are being upheld
- Maintain plant in excellent condition, mechanically and esthetically to include loaders and mixers
- Ensure that the yard is maintained including under the tail pulleys and wash racks, perform housekeeping duties when needed including shoveling, washing and minor repairs
- Operate and maintain plant in compliance with all applicable environmental standards to include water management, air quality permits, wash out pits, treatment pits, and quarterly and annual water samples
- Prepare and ensure accuracy of paperwork resulting from daily business
- Control and minimize plant costs while providing a consistent quality product
- Follow all applicable safety regulations and policies
- Identify multiple projects and prioritize work to maximize truck utilization and plant productivity
- Maximize equipment availability through the use of efficient and proactive preventative maintenance programs
- Load material from stockpiles and may oil, grease, service and make normal operating adjustments to equipment
- Utilize computer programs efficiently and effectively to execute the required duties to include Command Batch, Systech, and SAP
- Must have (or must be able to obtain as soon as possible) ACI Level I Field Testing Technician and VDOT Concrete Batch Plant Operator Certifications within 90 days of hire
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the automated batch plant operation
- High School diploma; college degree a plus
- Excellent math skills
- Proficient working knowledge of Computer and Microsoft Office products
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Previous experience doing preventative maintenance inspections and scheduling
- Dedication to maintain the highest standard of safety in all aspects of the job
- CDL preferred or ability to obtain a CDL license
- Basic understanding of concrete characteristics and production
- Previous experience and knowledge of safe operation of heavy equipment
- Knowledge of proper material handling practices
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required
- Working outdoors with exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold and other outdoor environmental conditions, constant standing and walking, climbing, working from heights and lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends, and overtime
- Ability to pass pre-employment processes including criminal background check, physical and drug screen
- Travel between sites as needed
Interested qualified applicants please visit www.titanamerica.com/careers to apply.
Titan America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative Action employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.