Conference Center Coordinator
The Conference Center Coordinator provides technical, administrative and logistical support in event coordination activities at the client’s facilities in Washington, DC. The Conference Center Coordinator is responsible for the following outcomes:
- All designated tasks are completed according to the client’s quality specifications and on time.
- All inquiries and requests are promptly addressed and high-quality customer support is provided.
- All meetings and events are scheduled in a timely manner and appropriate follow up conducted.
The Conference Center Coordinator reports directly to the COO and to the client Property Management Team.
Live Event Support
- Set up conference center and auditorium microphones, tables, delegate systems, presentation connections, and other media services
- Orient presenters in the use of audio and presentation technologies
- Prep presenters with body microphones and briefings in the Green Room
- Run live audio settings during large conventions and conferences
- Break down and maintain conference equipment
- Manage PMI and break/fix activity via NCC’s Service Department
Event Planning Support
- Provide daily support to customers in event scheduling, coordination, and preparation for meetings in the conference center.
- Respond to emails, phone calls, and in-person requests in a courteous, professional manner.
- Advise customers on audiovisual or meeting room set ups.
- Collaborate with other contractor personnel for additional customer support such as checking out audiovisual and conference supplies or meeting room set ups.
- Monitor conference room usage.
- Track “no show” meeting reservations.
- Review conference room reservations to ensure there are no double bookings.
- Reconfirm conference room reservations to help reduce the number of “no shows”.
- Assist with the planning and preparation for high profile or other meetings upon request.
- Provide information about conference center support services to new employees at client site.
- Generate and print reports.
- Assist with the office inventory of audiovisual and conference supplies.
- Provide administrative support as needed for client.
- Assist in preparing and/or improving processes for services provided and scheduling of conference rooms.
- Address and mediate conflicts/issues and provide prompt solutions to problems.
- Communicate and uphold quality standards, which include the following:
- Maintain strong relationship with client and other team members.
- 2-year Live Audio support for conferences / large venue systems
- 1-year digital signal processing for microphones and video presentation
- 1-year meeting support for panel discussions, delegate systems, or conventions
- 2 - 4 years of administrative experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Detail oriented, organized, self-starter
- Proactive attitude and an ability to work to deadlines while handling multiple projects
- Ability to stay organized, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks with attention to general details and client specifications
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Computer proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to meet physical demands, including standing, walking, and lifting/moving objects up to 25 pounds
This is a full-time position. NCC offers a competitive compensation packages: salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, dental, flexible spending, three weeks accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), paid federal holidays, and 401(k) with company match.
NCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran).