Conference Event Planner II
Job ID: req293
Facility: Frederick: ATRF
Location: 8560 Progress Dr, Frederick, MD 21701 USA
The Frederick National Laboratory is dedicated to improving human health through discovery and innovation in the biomedical sciences, focusing on cancer, AIDS, and emerging infectious diseases.
Financial Operations Directorate oversees all financial planning and management activities for the Frederick National Lab for Cancer Research (FNLCR), sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI).
We currently seek a Conference Events Planner II to join the Financial Planning and Analysis team at our Frederick, MD location.
- The Conference Event Planner II (CEP II) is responsible for receiving requests for conferences, seminars, meetings and special events ranging from small to large, both on and off site as requested from the customer (govt or LBR).
- They will be responsible for obtaining necessary approvals and managing the necessary logistics, including travel arrangements for participants.
- Logistics may include site reservations, event advertising, speaker arrangements, audiovisual/information technology support, registration, and at-meeting support.
- The CEP II will prepare documentation for review/approval of conference/travel and work with travelers to review/approve post-travel documentation and reconcile invoices for payment.
- Additionally, the CEP II will develop, recommend and implement standard operating procedures for planning, receiving approval for and operating meetings, conferences, and similar events and coordinate related activities with Conference Center personnel.
- This position may require travel to local events to assist in conference setup and execution.
- This position is located in Frederick, Maryland.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by a responsible authority.
- Work in a fast-paced environment both in a team and independently.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills.
- Communicate effectively and proactively, orally and in writing, with all levels of staff and customers. Demonstrate effective problem-solving techniques to resolve the most complex matters.
- Performs tasks in a disparate, multi-building and multi-campus environment.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of systems utilized and program principles such as: standard operating procedures for conference/event planning, utilization of audio-visual and teleconferencing/videoconferencing equipment, and standard techniques of preparing and disseminating information
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- In addition to the educational requirements, a minimum of seven (7) years of experience with at least 4 years experience in the field of Conference Planning
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a clearance
- Knowledge of company policies and work unit procedures
- Familiarity with, Federal Acquisition Regulation and Federal Travel Regulation
- Knowledge of SharePoint
- Ability to effectively organize work priorities and complete assigned duties in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and customers
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with travel arrangements/preparation.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) | Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) | Drug Free Workplace (DFW)