Were not in the shipping business; were in the information business -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 17,000trained professionals
- 300 locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
Are you looking for a challenging systems administration job? We have one for you, directly attached to a software development team supporting multiple mission critical infrastructural applications for a Fortune 500 company. More than $6 billion dollars a year in business will flow through the systems you administer. If you are self-motivated and passionate about technology, customer service and team work, this could be the right position for you!
- Participation in deployment and capacity planning
- Hardware and vendor selection
- Installation/build scripts of our Apache Kafka, JMS and related systems.
- Maintenance and ownership of communication and scheduling surrounding these systems
- Supporting and assisting Tier I and II support resources by ensuring they have the tools they need for day to day operations.
This role also includes an expectation of proactive monitoring of the production environment. You will work closely with multiple teams to ensure the production systems meet the organizations evolving needs and proactively track changing technologies and standards.Qualifications
- Proven technology troubleshooting and problem solving capabilities
- Comfortable and effective at communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Past participation in major systems rollouts and deployments
- Solid foundation in internet and networking concepts
- Proficient UNIX/LINUX scripting knowledge (PERL, Bash, etc.)
- Ability to formulate a design strategy from a mix of business requirements, concept documents and verbal descriptions
- Inter-application messaging experience (JMS, Kafka, AMQP, etc.)
- Managed File Transfer system experience (AS2/FTP/SFTP)
- Java programming experience
- Chef, Jenkins, Ansible and other build and deployment tools
- Held the role of a critical contributor to or leading major systems rollouts and deployments
- Active participant in the vendor/product selection process
- Experience with working with Virtual Machines on premise and in Azure
Successful candidates must complete a background check.
Expeditors offers excellent benefits for full time employees:
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (US only)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Keywords:Systems Admin, Kafka, JMS, Mission Critical, Deployment, Logistics, Global Supply Chain