Support Dashboard Development for the Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) Program. CDM is a dynamic approach to fortifying the cybersecurity of government networks and systems. Congress established the CDM program to provide adequate, risk-based, and cost-effective cybersecurity. McKenna Principals is looking for candidates to aid in the development of dashboard solutions to visualize cyber security related data: Hardware Assets, Software, Vulnerabilities, Configuration, Users, Incidents, Compliance Scores / POA&Ms, Risk Scores, etc. This position will oversee development, modification, and implementation of the configuration management plan for the Agency and Federal dashboard(s) in accordance with DHS requirements; maintain the GitHub and developer documentation repository. The candidate will implement, administer and maintain configuration management tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, and delivery of program products.
Successful candidates will have strong experience in software configuration management, including release versioning strategies using a distributed source control repository such as Git. The candidate should be familiar with Agile CI/CD processes and managing open source solutions. The candidate must have experience maintaining configuration of cloud-based environments including using infrastructure as code and using Ansible or other open source technologies across multiple environments.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have a BS (IT or STEM related)
- Expert level expertise in configuration management process and techniques with experience establishing and implementing a configuration management plan
- Expert level expertise with identification of controlled artifacts (configuration items) and implementation of standard CM control processes
- Advanced level expertise designing, implementing, supporting, monitoring and maintaining systems using Ansible or other open source technologies across multiple environments including cloud and on-premise infrastructure
- Advanced level experience with source control tools and technologies. Git or similar distributed repository technology preferred
- Intermediate level expertise and experience in system architecture and engineering disciplines
- Intermediate level expertise managing integrated ALM solutions (for example JIRA integration with Confluence, Git/Bitbucket)
- Experience in deploying Cloud platform-as-a-service with Amazon AWS
- Experience scripting configuration of servers using tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, and Salt
- Novice level expertise of the cyber security domain to include: governance and risk management, compliance, business continuity and disaster recovery, encryption, software development security, access control, network security / secure architecture, and security operations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, effective interpersonal skills, problem solving ability and strong work ethic that is proactive and self-motivated. Must be able to hold team members accountable to established processes
- Experience developing and maintaining configuration management system tools, scripts, procedures, and documentation
- Proven experience in Windows and Linux/Unix system administration
- Experience training and providing guidance to staff for performing cloud-based configuration management functions with tools like Ansible, Chef and Puppet
- SAFe Certification
- Experience in product release planning
- Experience establishing or working with CI/CD pipeline
- Experience using Confluence to manage documentation / wikis
- Experience managing knowledge bases / lessons learned repositories
McKenna Principals is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. McKenna promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.