We believe that freedom of movement drives human progress. Ford Information Technology (IT) is shaping the future of mobility by redefining the transportation landscape, enhancing the customer experience and improving people's lives. Join the Ford family as we change the way the world moves.
This role defines, develops, launches and supports connected vehicle features within the Location Based Services domain. As an Anchor Engineer, you will be responsible for identifying, documenting/ developing and supporting product requirements design documents, specification documents, user stories, sequence flows, product development, cross-system quality matrices, application architecture, API definition, and operation instrumentation.
As the Connected Vehicle Location Based Services - Anchor Engineer your responsibilities will be but are not limited to
- Responsible for end-to-end definition/development and ongoing support of feature integration into the Ford Mobility Platform.
- Define end-to-end business process flow and create technical specifications that cascade to vehicle components and off board application within Ford Mobility Platform.
- Works with cross functional groups to develop interoperability interfaces across cloud products and translate them into micro-services level requirements for building state-of-the-art connected vehicle cloud architecture.
- Responsible for managing/governing technical requirements in requirements management tools to multiple sub systems.
- Maintaining open requirements issue list, review, track and report on progress and status in the project management tools.
- BS Engineering or Computer Science or strongly related discipline
- 6+ years experience in product engineering, business analyst, application architecture, product engineering or software development.
- 5+ years of experience cloud experience (development or architecture)
- 3+ years IoT software architecture/development
The distance between imagination and ... creation. It can be measured in years of innovation, or in moments of brilliance. When you join the Ford team discover all the benefits, rewards and development opportunities you'd expect from a diverse global leader. You'll become part of a team that is already leading the way, with ingenious solutions and attainable products - and it is always ready to go further.
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering Disciplines.
- Experience with vehicle telematics, cellular communications, telematics service providers, in-vehicle connectivity features implementations, cloud architecture, data analytics, V2V communications, embedded telecommunication devices.
- Experience analyzing system failure points, evaluating pros and cons of solution proposals including conducting FMEAs.
- Prior experience with interoperability techniques and standards for information technology systems/in-vehicle systems.
- Strong knowledge of Micro-service and hands-on implementation experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry application integration patterns.
This position may be open to sponsorship.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse
workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.