Provides Construction Department with administrative support, such as general office duties, data entry, construction coordination and administration and/or problem resolution.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Input on-site data into JD Edwards, and other systems/databases; assist with Variance PO process.
- Setup and maintain project files; prepare on-site construction schedules for all projects.
- Maintain progress report; track all checklist reports and ensure Superintendent is completing and submitting in timely manner; prepare and release start packages; track keys and Certificates of Occupancy.
- Review/log walk-through documents; determine quality of completion; calculate/distribute incentive program awards.
- Order surveys, ensure plat maps/schedules are accurate, order field staff equipment (safety, water, furniture, supplies).
- Coordinate and process weekly timesheets for Department.
- Liaison between field staff, new homebuyers and other departments.
- Produce �canned� periodic reports from department systems and spreadsheets.
- Review/distribute/act upon incoming departmental mail; may prepare Department correspondence, agendas and minutes.
- Copy, collate and/or file documents; may organize and maintain Construction policy, procedures & other manual(s); may create and maintain information library.
Education & Experience
- Coursework and/or graduating from accredited college/university in Business preferred. Experience may waive Education preference.
- Over 2 years experience working in construction and/or project management/administrative assistant preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills; ability to assess and prioritize tasks in highly active environment.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to deal with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to coordinate with all personnel to assume timely completion of required tasks; conduct follow-up on correspondence.
- Ability to maintain accurate, detailed, comprehensive files as well as maintenance of documentation.
Technical Knowledge & Experience
- Has demonstrable proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, database and AS400 computer programs.
- Concur and JD Edwards experience preferred
- Typical office environment; may travel to municipalities/public agencies; may encounter noise, congestion, etc.
- May travel to Construction sites where temperature, weather and noise may vary; may encounter electrical, dust, poor ventilation, dangerous machinery and moving objects and toxic conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Additionally, an employee's job duties may change at any time, in the company's sole discretion.