VERTEX is regarded as one of the premier engineering, construction, environmental and IT companies serving many top insurance companies, real estate owners, contractors, banks, real estate investors and attorneys across the country. VERTEX has 25 offices worldwide and a dedicated staff of over 475 engineers, architects, environmental, and construction professionals. VERTEX offers comprehensive solutions for construction and environmental exposures. With 55,000 projects completed since inception, our experience speaks for itself.
In late 2013, VERTEX implemented an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP). VERTEX’s employee-owners help our clients identify and mitigate risks to a project’s physical, environmental and economic well-being; it drives every decision we make. We offer highly personalized and customized service to address highly specialized challenges. By applying technical and scientific skills to our clients’ real business challenges, VERTEX creates integrated solutions that minimize risks while achieving the required results.
For more information about VERTEX visit us here http://vertexeng.com/.
The Construction Consultant we are looking for will be involved in a wide variety of tasks, including assisting senior staff and engineers with investigations primarily related to construction defect. The Consultant will be responsible for assisting senior staffing with on-site testing, documentation of said testing, field reports, and construction inspections. These activities will generally be performed for construction defect litigation matters, insurance property claims, bad faith litigation, and property condition assessments. In addition to having construction experience, the ideal candidate will have basic knowledge of residential and commercial building envelope assemblies along with an understanding of industry standard construction practices.
- Conduct on-site testing and investigations.
- Field reporting as well as construction inspections, if required.
- Assist with providing costing and estimates to clients.
- Experience with construction defect litigation a plus but not required.
- Effective management of all assigned tasks; meeting budget and delivery time frames; ensuring client satisfaction.
- Ensuring that assignments are executed with technical proficiency, accuracy, and professionalism.
- Developing technical specialization and expertise that benefits the company and broadens our service offerings.
- Professional development, continuing education, and advancement of credentials. Individuals should have independent initiatives as well as company-sponsored development goals.
- Oher tasks as assigned by Senior Management.
- Previous experience in the design and assessment of residential and/or commercial structures.
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with co-workers, clients and subcontractors.
- Single day travel to assignments in region one to three days per week and periodic overnight travel.
- Construction and consulting experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, construction management of related fields is preferred, or an equivalent amount of experience.
- Registration as an Engineer-in-Training is preferred.
- Prefer a minimum of five years’ experience in construction related activities of residential and commercial structures or inspection of residential and commercial structures.
Knowledge & Skills
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, Adobe) required.
- Able to carry and operate a 24-foot extension ladder unassisted.
- Use hand and power tools.
- Able to walk on sloped roofs.
- Able to work in small spaces on occasion (attics, crawl spaces).
- Comfortable working from a manlift or scaffold.
VERTEX is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V. 11