Evoqua has the strength of a major global business while embracing the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup. Our innovative products have been solving the world’s water problems for more than 100 years. Today, we are building on that strong history of success – transforming water for our customers enriching the lives of consumers.
Evoqua’s unparalleled portfolio of proven brands, advanced technologies, mobile and emergency water supply solutions and services helps cities across the world provide and discharge clean water, and equips the leisure and commercial industries to maximize productivity and profitability. Every day, millions of people and thousands of companies rely on Evoqua Water Technologies to help meet their needs for clean water.
What does it mean to work here. . .
Our Mindset: We put customers first. We know we succeed only when our customers succeed. To that end, we make decisions at lowest possible levels, at fastest possible speeds – freeing employees to respond to customers quickly and effectively without sacrificing safety or quality.
Our organization: We work as “One Evoqua”. We collaborate across our global enterprise. In an increasingly competitive marketplace, no single product, group or unit succeeds on their own, no matter how remarkable they are. We are one team.
Our People: We hire for brains and heart. We are industry experts who foster great relationships with colleagues and customers. We value technical knowledge and experience, alongside business insight and people smarts. We nurture both the hard and soft skills of our talent.
Our Leadership: We lead from where we are. We take ownership. We lead from all levels. We value the opportunity to grow, as a business and as people. We hold each other accountable to make the right things happen for maximum performance.
Our promise: Grow with the Best. We grow with the best. We are on the move. As the world’s first choice for water solutions, our workplace will continue to evolve and expand, and so will the opportunities. This is a workplace that nourishes talented people. Immerse yourself . . . in Evoqua.
Apply today to join our 4000 professionals around the world as we pursue our purpose: Transforming Water. Enriching Life.
Evoqua Water Technologies is the global leader in helping municipalities and industrial customers protect and improve the world's most fundamental natural resource: water. We have a more than 100-year heritage of innovation and industry firsts, market-leading expertise, and unmatched customer service.
This position will provide engineering support for the development of scope of work and cost estimates for Design-Build and turn-key construction/installation of Evoqua Water Technologies equipment solutions. The Heavy Industry Division of Industrial Segment provides process solutions and services, including integrated equipment design, supply, installation, and operation for raw water treatment, industrial wastewater recycle/reuse and complex wastewater treatment systems, for customers in target industrial markets.
This position will be responsible for the following tasks and duties:
- Determine most cost effective and competitive approach to project execution, by developing scope of work, get contractor bids and develop cost estimates for design-build turn-key projects.
- Review client Request for Proposal documentation and specifications for content applicable to the construction or installation of Evoqua’s proposed water treatment solution.
- Identify and document bid clarifications as required
- Participate in customer site walk-throughs
- Develop preliminary site/equipment layout plans
- Development of scope of work description and bid packages/requests for construction of Evoqua water treatment system proposals/projects.
- Interface with other individuals in the organization to obtain support and commitment to the scope of work definition and cost estimates.
- Develop accurate cost estimates for construction/installation of water treatment projects
- Maintain existing, and develop new, relationships with vendors and sub-contractors used in the construction of Evoqua water treatment system projects.
- Participate in constructability and value engineering reviews with design-build contractors.
- Communicate with subcontractors, material and equipment suppliers and internal team members as needed to properly prepare a complete cost estimate.
- Prepare turnover information to Project Management if bid is awarded.
- Work with other groups internally – Application Engineering, Sales, Factory Engineering and Field Services to determine the internal project supervision and other resources required to execute proposed project.
- Assist with preparation of the preliminary project schedule.
- Participate in joint sales calls as required.
- Develop and maintain Company technical standards and design criteria related to project construction.
- Ensure contract T&Cs pertaining to construction scope are reviewed by appropriate counsel for exceptions or comments.
Qualifications and Experience:
This position requires the following qualifications and experience:
- B.S. degree in mechanical, chemical, electrical, or civil Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent combination of education, technical training and related experience.
- 5-7+ years of experience as an estimator bidding on industrial construction projects is highly preferred
- Professional Engineering license a plus.
- Previous experience in industrial water treatment projects a plus.
- Interdisciplinary knowledge or background (mechanical, chemical, instrumentation, electrical, etc.)
- Experience in industrial power systems including 4160/480V distribution systems, motor controls, VFDs, PLC schematics, and pressure/flow/level/temperature measurement instrumentation
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and industry standards for new construction to ensure RFQ’s properly address these issues and bids meet requirements.
- Able to read and understand engineered drawings, plans, isometrics and technical specifications
- Demonstrated proficiency in interpreting and applying engineering principles, theories and concepts related to hydraulic flow and energy efficiency.
- Strong understanding of industrial construction processes
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written; ability to communicate effectively as part of a team, and preparation/development of technical documents.
- Proficiency with Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, and Autodesk AutoCad
- Previous experience with MS Project preferred
- Travel 10% - 20% with overnight stays
- Able to self-manage and have positive “can-do” attitude.
Evoqua Water Technologies prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Evoqua Water Technologies takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
Evoqua does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidates from search firms.