Toscano Clements Taylor is a minority certified cost estimating and cost management firm with strategically located offices in New York, New Jersey and Washington DC. Our team of highly skilled cost estimators work on more than 400 projects per annum across a broad spectrum of market segments with significant focus on Federal, State and City agency projects. Our client base includes prominent architects, engineers, building owners, federal & municipal agencies and the firm has provided services on some of the world's most celebrated projects.
Recent growth has created a need for an additional position a mechanical/structural/ electrical estimator to work in our core industries of federal, K-12 & higher education, science & technology and healthcare. This position can be based in our Washington DC, Huntington, Long Island, or NYC office. You will produce cost estimates from conceptual through CD phases and work closely with design professionals to accomplish the best design for the client's value.
The ideal candidate should have 5years of experience in the A/E/C industry with a proven track record as a construction cost estimator with a proficiency in On Screen Take Off and Microsoft Office.
We offer a great work environment with competitive salary and benefit package and career growth.
- Must be able to produce detailed quantity take-offs using OST.
- Able to produce accurate cost estimates from high level concept estimate through detailed construction documents estimate.
- Ability to generate Value Engineering ideas that help our clients reducing the cost while maintaining the quality.
- Proven experience in material and equipment prices and various labor rates in tri-borough and DC market
- Experience in liaising with architects and engineers and reconciliation with CM's or other estimating offices.
- Proven experience which shows initiative and independent thought
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple, concurrent projects & aggressive deadlines
- Exceptional problem solving, organizational & time management skills with high level of attention to detail
- Team player with a positive attitude who can also work independently, is self-motivated and success driven, yet able and willing to take direction.
- BS Degree, preferable in engineering or construction management.