The Pile Driver/Rigger/Welder/Laborer is responsible for helping to complete construction projects.
Essential Job Functions
- Works as assigned by Project Superintendent to ensure the successful completion of on-going or new marine construction projects.
- Employs knowledge of construction rigging, such as use of slings, cable chokers, spreader bars, and multi-part load blocks, to complete hoisting tasks.
- Assemble rigging to unload, lift and move equipment or materials on construction projects.
- Maintenance of pile driving equipment including Fueling, and lubrication.
- Lays out the location where pilings will be driven from blueprints and/or site plans.
- Performs site preparation for installation of various concrete and precast structures.
- Prepares the piling to be driven, positioning and driving the piling.
- Proficient use of OSHA hand signals for communicating with the equipment operator while hoisting. Maneuver and position loads over designated areas in a smooth, safe manner.
- Uses oxygen/acetylene torch to cut steel plates, pipes, beams, and wash flat surfaces, etc.
- Uses arc welding for welding steel pipes, beams, plate and other steel shapes, etc. Uses pneumatic power tools - drills, countersinks, and tuggers - as required.
- Dresses and caps the pilings after having been driven and prepares them to receive the superstructure.
- Building of form work for concrete structures.
- Perform other duties assigned by Superintendent.
- Perform manual labor as required to accomplish tasks.
- 4+ of years rigging and/or operational experience with vibratory hammers, diesel impact hammers, and Hydraulic hammer
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Experience driving Cylinder Piles from 36" to 66” Diameter, Steel Pipe Piles from 24" to 120" Diameter, Pre-stressed Concrete Pile and Sheet-pile
- Supply and maintain FRC (Fire Protective Clothing) as job requires, at no cost to the Company
- Unconditional use of Company supplied PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work 40 hours a week, additional hours as needed
- Must be willing to take a post-offer physical
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb, kneel, crawl, stoop and/or sit.
- Must be able to tolerate rough seas, vibrations, heat, harsh weather conditions, confined spaces, and High noise levels
- Work will frequently require individuals to push, pull, bend or stand for long periods of time, and climb ladders that have capacity limits of 300 lbs.
- Must be able to lift or carry miscellaneous equipment, supplies and parts up to 50 lbs. unassisted
- TWIC - Transportation Worker Identification Credential
- Valid Driver’s license
This Job Description does not cover all of the required duties, activities, functions and responsibilities of the position, any of which may change at any time according to the sole and absolute discretion of Weeks Marine, Inc., with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Weeks Marine, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination, hostility, harassment, and retaliation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.