With 30 years of experience, Charah Solutions, Inc. is a leading provider of environmental and maintenance services to the power generation industry, with operations in coal-fired and nuclear power generation sites across the country. Based in Louisville, Kentucky, Charah Solutions assists utilities with all aspects of managing and recycling ash byproducts generated from the combustion of coal in the production of electricity as well as routine power plant maintenance and outage services for coal and nuclear energy providers. The company also designs and implements solutions for ash pond management and closure, landfill construction, fly ash and slag sales, and structural fill projects.
We pride ourselves on making things happen. Our positions require passionate individuals who demonstrate initiative, take ownership, and exhibit a high level of personal leadership, conviction and spirit of innovation.
Charah Solutions offers: Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401(k) with Company Contribution After 1 Year, Paid Time Off, Incredible Safety Record, and Well-Maintained Equipment.
This position will provide guidance, instruction, direction and leadership to a team of Field Engineers, for the purpose of achieving a key result or group of aligned results supporting company projects. Assist with the planning and development of large and complex construction projects, including facilitating the construction designs and ensuring the designs are implemented with safety, quality, and efficiency. This position will review or develop construction means and methods, manage the plan set, general permit compliance, and all additional site reporting requirements.
Position may involve performing other duties as required, which may not be mentioned below. Specific functions may change from time to time.
- Develop and lead a strong team of construction and field engineers who are capable of providing advanced technical support of various heavy civil projects
- Be the construction engineering subject matter expert in support of internal departments, customer presentations and interaction, and construction personnel at numerous project sites
- Demonstrate leadership in technical support and work plan implementation of challenging and complex construction projects
- Provide work planning support including the development of Readiness Reviews and Project Execution Plans
- Troubleshoot construction issues/conflicts in the field
- Create detailed sketches to be utilized in the proposal, RFI, and work plan development process
- Review and approve complex 3D GPS models prior to project sites installing in GPS controlled equipment
- Ability to read and understand engineered construction drawings and specifications. Create non-engineered drawings as required
- Demonstrate a functional understanding of construction sequences, means and methods of construction, and subcontractor coordination
- Document observations, opportunities, and successes, specific to safety and constructability at numerous project sites
- Provide project sites with training support including the use of GPS controlled equipment, engineered drawing and specification understanding and implementation, and installation procedures of heavy civil construction features
- Demonstrate informative and professional assistance when working with vendors, customers, and co-workers
- Act independently and originate new procedures and new approaches to problems
- Display excellent problem-solving skills and a strong work ethic
- Maintain initiative to preserve the flow of work
- Ability to work under stress and with commitment to deadlines
- Sustain interpersonal relationships which encourage openness, candor and trust, both internally and externally
- Complete projects and/or reports with accuracy and in a timely manner
- Maintain company information in a confidential manner
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant construction management, field, or design experience is preferred
- Licensed Professional Engineer required
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality concerning financial and employee files
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with superb time management and project scheduling skills
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, Outlook, and CAD preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- This position requires working in an external environment
- This position requires a flexible work schedule; night and/or weekends may be required
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to listen and analyze information presented, as well as communicating information and ideas through effective speaking and documentation
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple tasks on multiple projects
- Travel is required, percentages will vary by assignment
- Maintenance of scheduling of tasks required to meet deadlines for reports and budgets.
- High level of organization
- Position will integrate office and field settings, requiring 10+ hours per day of sitting, walking, and standing. Occasional lifting, bending, stooping, reaching, and balancing are job expectations
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs