Brad Cole Construction is a Georgia based Heavy Civil Construction and Sitework expert that currently has projects throughout the state of FL, GA, AL, MS and SC, and Southeastern region. This job will be mainly located at our office in Jacksonville, FL. Some travel may be required.
Through an understanding of the scope of work & RFP, this position will perform accurate quantity take-offs, RFIs, bid clarifications, and direct estimates for the civil/structural discipline. Experience in Heavy Industrial construction a must.
- Perform complete discipline estimate from receipt of bid package through final bid review, including: site visits, scope determination, input data into computerized estimating systems, questions to Owner/Engineer and qualifications
- Manage the available bid time to insure accurate and timely preparation of a complete estimate
- Organize and detail the estimate so that it can be properly priced, easily understood for review purposes, and efficiently turned over to the field personnel
- Maintain the highest standards of professionalism, fairness and ethical behavior when representing the company
- Cross trained in field experience, purchasing, and RFP’s
- Minimal travel required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Outlook and Word required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum 5 Years construction estimating experience in Heavy Civil construction projects
- Design build estimating experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Bid to Win, Primavera P6, AutoCAD 3D, Agtek or similar Takeoff Software estimating software a plus
Company offers competitive salary.
- Per diem
- Holiday Pay
- Vacation Pay
Keywords: construction estimator, project estimator, cost engineer, cost estimator