We are looking to hire 2 senior estimators. As an estimator, you will accompany a salesperson for site visits and be responsible for creating an estimate using Buildertrend or Excel. Most of our projects have architectural drawings and you will be responsible for creating bid packages, leveling and selecting bids, creating allowances, conducting a subcontractor walk thru, and creating a timeline for the project. When the job is sold, you will also prepare a handover file and have an onsite meeting with the assigned project manager. The Estimator will work closely with the Construction Manager to maintain consistency of product, pricing and quality. This is a fast-paced job where the vast majority of your time will be spent in the field conducting inspections and preparing Scopes of Work.
- Conduct inspections of homes documenting health, safety, mechanical, structural and aesthetic condition.
- Create scopes of work and budgets which will be used by our project managers to effectively complete renovation projects.
- Create photographic record of each home following protocol.
- Perform quality control inspections on completed projects for health, safety, mechanical, structural and aesthetic condition and confirm that all items from Scope of Work were completed appropriately.
- Confirm that completed projects meet company standards.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Degree in Architectural Drafting or Design, Interior Design, Construction Management or Engineering preferred. Will also consider equivalent work experience.
- MUST have more than 5 years experience working as an estimator
- MUST have at least 7 years in the construction field.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Professional Engineer or Registered Architect or ability to obtain within six (6) months of hire
- Valid Driver's License: With proof of automobile insurance
Job Type: Full-time
- On the road