MUST HAVE PREVIOUS CONSTRUCTION EXPERIENCE
Under indirect supervision, provide assistance and have the ability to perform assignments independently related to the installation, alteration and maintenance of Mechanical equipment. Systems include but are not limited to HVAC, plumbing, mechanical and electrical.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist team members and will occasionally work independently in the installation and retrofitting of mechanical equipment. Must be proficient at installing, HVAC, plumbing, ductwork and electrical equipment at various locations as assigned and as dispatched.
- May assist and/or perform inspections and conduct periodic general preventive maintenance the building mechanical and plumbing systems. This involves normal lubrication, adjustment, cleaning and periodic testing of building systems and equipment including but not limited to; chillers, cooling towers, pumps, air handling units, boilers, VAV boxes, variable frequency drives, water heaters and air compressors, etc.
- Fill out daily work logs.
- Be courteous, neat, clean, and in proper uniform; always representing the Company in a professional, moral, and ethical manner.
- Report daily activities via web based CMMS work order tracking system.
- Identify and procure materials required for projects and troubleshoot technical issues in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations including fire, evacuations and equipment failure.
- Coordinate and follow up with customer regarding installation issues, change orders, or scheduled shut down of equipment for repairs or replacement as direct by project lead or supervisor.
- Establish & maintain effective working relationships with customers, co-workers, and suppliers.
- Available for after hours scheduled installations and for emergency maintenance and repair functions.
- Ensure installations & repairs are in compliance with all applicable local, state & federal codes, regulations, and company directives as relates to building operations.
- Job Requirements/Qualifications and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have minimum of 2 years experience in the installation of commercial HVAC equipment including but not limited to packaged rooftop equipment, split
systems, air handlers, condensers, pumps, boilers, fans, cooling towers, VFD's etc.
- This position requires proven prior experience as a Installer or HVAC service technician and the ability to work efficiently and solve technical installation problems, including but not limited to installation of ; HVAC equipment (chilled water, DX, hot water, steam), packaged rooftop equipment, split systems, air handlers, condensers, pumps, boilers, fans, cooling towers, VFD's etc.
- Must be proficient in the use of a personal computer, handheld communication device and have knowledge of CMMS software.
- Possess competent knowledge on the methods, tools, and equipment used in the maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical equipment.
- Able to read blueprints and schematics to aid in troubleshooting analysis.
- EPA 608 Universal Certification & R-410A certification desired.
- Experience with pneumatic & DDC controls, and computerized building automation system controls is a plus.
- Must be a professional with strong organizational, communication, planning, and interpersonal skills.
- 10 hour OSHA Certification desired , other documented proof of safety training is acceptable
- A state boiler installers and mechanical contractors license is desired.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Physical requirements include climbing, stooping, and frequently lifting 50 pounds or more. Ability to safely install and operate rigging and lifting devices.