Your world is always changing, and so are we. Weston & Sampson offers interdisciplinary design, engineering, and environmental services that make the world a better place. Innovative and reliable, we've worked to improve the communities where you live, work, and play for more than a century. Join our rapidly growing team.
Weston & Sampson is an employee-owned company serving public and private clients throughout the eastern United States. Our staff comprises nearly 700 professionals in offices along the East Coast, including our new location in Reading, Massachusetts.
What We Offer:
Weston & Sampson offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including health/dental/vision, paid holidays and vacation, 401K plan with employer match, and an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP). We provide a collaborative working environment along with training, resources, and state-of-the-art tools/equipment to promote success; and a welcoming, inclusive corporate culture where individuals are recognized for their contributions.
Weston & Sampson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If interested, please submit your resume through our career portal:
Weston & Sampson is currently seeking a full-time Construction Inspector to meet our current workload for a horizontal project in the City of Chelsea. The job is a great opportunity for professional development as part of an engaged team of professional engineers and a licensed site professional. The current role is for support of the described multi-year project, but the organization’s intent is for year-round employment and long-term development of staff.
The current assignment is utility and roadway construction in an industrial corridor subject to heavy freight traffic. The project will require careful coordination with abutters and the client, enforcement of Conservation Commission Order of Conditions, management of regulated waste spoils and groundwater, contract administration and reporting, and coordination with engineers and scientists working in support. The candidate needs to provide a flexible working schedule as project needs arise.
- Civil Engineering Bachelor’s degree, Associates degree in Civil Engineering Technology, or Associates degree in Construction Engineering Technology is preferred
- Water main replacement, sewer rehabilitation (CIPP), and drain construction inspection experience
- Experience working on sites subject to requirements of Massachusetts Contingency Plan (MCP)
- Must have experience with general construction inspection policies, procedures and administrative requirements
- Working knowledge and experience with interpreting contract documents, including compliance with prevailing safety regulations; excellent public relation and communication skills are a must
- The ability to prepare and maintain field records and record keeping methods
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for work with the client, contractor, and Weston & Sampson engineering team
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook in laptop / tablet environment
- Have OSHA 10 and have active or inactive OSHA 40 (will support refresher)
- Have valid driver’s license
- Be able to provide reliable transportation