Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. is recruiting for Construction Inspectors to inspect and document project related construction activities for conformance to project plans. Candidate may also perform duties as office engineer that may include coordination of other inspection personnel and review of their documentation, and coordination of activities on behalf of client personnel. This position is imminent and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately.
The qualified candidate(s) will work at various client construction project sites in the Los Angeles and Orange county areas inspecting and assessing construction activities, office engineer responsibilities and supplementing client staff as necessary
Primary locations may include LAX and the Port of Long Beach
Must be able to submit professional reports to clients and must have the ability to meet deadlines.
Shifts may be standard daytime or off standard shifts such as swing and graveyard
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum HS Diploma or equivalent
- 8 years of construction inspection experience
- Licenses or certifications in multiple ICC functions such as structural steel and concrete (Los Angles and Long Beach)
- Self-motivated with a proven record of accountability
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Good computer skills (including MS Office Suite)
- Must be able to read plans, specs and technical specifications
- Must be able to obtain proper badge
- Must be able to obtain proper Customs clearance to work on LAX site
- Must pass drug screen and background check
- Must pass MVR (driving) check in accordance with operating vehicles on the airfield if needed
- Prior experience working on commercial, industrial or airfield buildings preferred
- Candidates must be able to obtain proper customs clearance and possess a valid US driver's license in good standing for LAX work
- Must be able to perform on your feet throughout the day including a lot of walking and potentially climbing ladders.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.