GFA International, Inc. is seeking an experienced inspector or individual with construction experience that is willing to grow and become licensed by the State of Florida in a construction specialty during the first year of employment. The opening is for full time employment working in Broward and Palm Beach Counties.
GFA is a full-service engineering consulting firm, specializing in geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, material testing, building and quality control inspections. Our clients include contractors, developers, owners, engineers, architects, state and local governments, school boards, departments of transportation, universities, banks, and realtors.
GFA encourages a friendly and challenging work environment. We recognize that the success of our company is built of the talent of our team members. We are a growing privately held company, where you get to be a true difference maker. Challenge and opportunity are part of the company culture and built into our growth. As a mid-sized firm, every single person is a valuable part of our success. At GFA, you are more than just another employee, you are a part of the team!
Responsibilities may include one or all of the following:
- Quality Control Inspections
- Third Party Inspections
- Special Inspections – Drainage Plane and Lath Inspections
- Future Private Provider and/or Municipal inspections
- Future Threshold and/or Property Condition Assessments
- Future blower door services
- Training will be provided.
- Experience working outdoors- Inspector will be required to work in the field outdoors. Construction site experience will be considered.
- Previous experience working in the Construction field is recommended.
- Applicant is required to participate in continuing education and obtain a State of Florida license in the construction inspection field within the first year of employment.
- Position will require driving within North Broward and Palm Beach County
Recommended license by the State of Florida, DBPR as a Home Inspector or Building Inspector. Other residential/commercial construction experience, licenses and certifications will be considered. No inspection experience is necessary - training will be provided. Applicant is required to participate in continuing education and obtain a State of Florida license in the construction inspection field within the first year of employment.
Inspector will be required to work in the field indoor/outdoor. Position will require driving within Broward and Palm Beach counties.
Supporting our Team
At GFA, we recognize there is more to life than work. Quality of life is very important to us, and that’s why we encourage all of our employees to have a solid work-life balance. We support our employees by offering a teamwork environment, opportunities for professional growth, competitive wages, and a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Medical/Rx, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Various Types of Supplemental Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings with Company Matching Contributions
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation and Personal Time Off
- Legal & Identity Shield
Perks & Professional Development
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Wellness Activities
- Company Sponsored Events
- Reimbursement for Certifications And Professional Licenses
- Support for Participation in Continuing Education such as Workshops, Seminars, and Conferences
- Lunch and Learn Programs
- Paid Professional Association Memberships
GFA International is a Drug Free Work Place and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To enhance consideration for employment please complete the application in its entirety.