WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world's infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in 100 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
We are a national leader in Construction Services with staff that support our clients by acting as their trusted on-site agent through all phases of construction, from pre-bid to close-out, by providing qualified construction managers, inspectors, constructability reviewers, schedulers, estimators and safety experts. As new technologies evolve throughout the construction industry, innovative ideas and solutions are required to maintain and deliver successful construction projects.
Michael Baker is actively seeking a Senior Inspector to join our Inspection Team in West Palm Beach, FL. The Senior Inspector will provide quality assurance to ensure that the construction performed on the project is per the requirements in the contract.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interpret plans and specifications.
- Oversee Contractor's work activities.
- Maintain clean & organized construction documentation.
- Tracking site quantities as frequent as needed.
- Materials quality verification.
- Perform field inspection and oversight of construction activities.
- Prepare & maintain inspection reports with daily records of project progress.
- Monitor and/or Coordinate material field testing services.
- Contractor's Pay items, quantity measurements and calculation verification.
- Present oral and written reports to supervisor.
- Ability to work in rough terrain found on construction sites.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in construction inspection
- Must be able to interpret plans, standards and specifications.
- Must have the ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Must have good knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Certifications desired but not required:
CTQP Concrete Field Technician Level I
CTQP Asphalt Roadway Level I
CTQP Earthwork Construction Inspection Level I
CTQP Pile Driving Inspection
OSHA 10 Hr. Safety Training Construction
- Knowledge of DOT specifications and standards is a plus.
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.