HR Green, Inc. (HR Green) is a professional services firm providing workable and sustainable solutions in the Transportation, Water, Governmental Services, and Land Development markets. With over 100 years of history and a strong focus on future growth, HR Green is looking for exceptional individuals ready to begin the next stage of their professional journey. We are currently seeking an Intern to assist our Construction group in the Cedar Rapids, IA office area.
The Intern is responsible for completing assigned tasks under the direct supervision of the Construction Project Manager and/or Construction Engineer/ Technician. This Intern is expected to apply the concepts learned through required education, and common sense to solve specific engineering or construction related tasks as assigned. Seeks guidance from more senior staff and applies acquired knowledge to related assignments.
Will be responsible for, but not limited to:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Helps support the Construction team and may observe and documents the contractor’s work to record that it is being completed in conformance with the plans and specifications, contract documents, and applicable local, state, and/or federal regulatory requirements. Will assist in performing quality assurance checks on projects.
2. May help or support construction team with material yield checks, verifies tolerances, and elemental thicknesses, measures and quantifies pay item quantities for payment. Performs basic construction layout work (including bench circuits and providing line and grade for various construction elements). Additionally, be proficient in the use of computers and word processing software (Word, Excel, etc.).
3. Assist in maintaining neat and accurate project documentation (field book notes and measurements, field reports, project binders, etc.) for small projects.
4. May support administrative duties for the team as well
4. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
The Intern must be attending an accredited four-year or graduate engineering university pursuing a degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering. Can also be attending a 2 year university pursuing degree in an engineering discipline. Can also be pursuing a Construction Management degree as well.
May possess zero to three years of relevant engineering experience.
The desire to focus on Transportation and construction engineering is highly preferred.
Must have basic knowledge of office software (Word, Excel, etc.) and be capable of working with CADD software, such as AutoCAD Civil 3D, and other engineering automation tools as required.
Work is primarily performed on a client’s site or other locations as needed. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for prolonged period of time, stand, walk, talk, hear, and reach with hands or arms. Hand eye coordination is necessary to operate computers and other office equipment. The employee is also required to kneel, crouch, and bend. Must be capable of carrying up to 30 pounds of equipment over all types of terrain and in all types of weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V