As a growing company, The Snyder Companies provides their employees with a great work environment, competitive wages and benefits in addition to opportunities for continuing development and advancement.
The Snyder Companies, a family owned and operated business founded in 1906, seeks a full-time Construction/Maintenance Technician for its First Company commercial maintenance division.
Please see the more complete description of this position below.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title:Construction/Maintenance Tech- First Company Commercial Maintenance
Reports To: General Manager of First Co.
Assist with duties of inspect, diagnose and remedy all maintenance related issues at The Snyder Companies’ properties. Execute all general commercial maintenance procedures while maintaining an emphasis on quality and preventative maintenance. Repair and maintain properties in accordance with company standards for quality, cleanliness, customer satisfaction, safety and security.
- Adhere to company’s preventative maintenance program
- Install, maintain and repair areas, such as but not limited to, machinery, equipment, physical structures, carpentry, drywall, plumbing and electrical systems in commercial property buildings
- Perform installation, maintenance, and repairs of HVAC and other facility equipment, ensuring that all company procedures have been adhered to
- Assist with grounds keeping and maintain a clean, kept appearance of the property grounds
- Perform general facilities work related to construction, repair, finishing and installation of facility related equipment using power and hand tools and other necessary equipment
- Adhere to company safety programs, policies and procedures. Teach and promote safe work practices among on-site staff
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions:
- Assist with special projects and renovations when needed
- Resolve minor maintenance issues quickly and effectively
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all other company employees
- Other duties as assigned by management
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Working knowledge of motors, switches, and other electrical components
- Ability to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately
- Working knowledge of plumbing, painting, HVAC, electrical and general maintenance procedures
- Ability to maintain composure and objectivity under pressure
- Basic working knowledge of plumbing, painting, HVAC, electrical and general repair skills
- Strong communication skills needed. Ability to convey information and ideas clearly. Ability to deal effectively with vastly diverse groups of people
Preferred: Previous experience in commercial maintenance environment
Licenses or Certificates:
Required: Valid Driver’s License
Preferred: HVAC, EPA Certification
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance.
- Valid Driver’s License and Acceptable MVR
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
- Must be able to frequently walk and climb/descend stairs approximately 50% of the time.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example use of small repair tools
- Ability to regularly lift and carry up to 50 pounds without assistance and a maximum of 140 pounds with assistance
- Ability to periodically kneel, crawl, and twist torso as needed to accomplish required tasks
- Ability to perform duties with extreme temperature and noise ranges
- Ability to see within normal parameters
- Ability to hear within normal range
- Ability to move about