Sargent & Lundy’s clients in the energy and industrial markets recognize us as a global leader in coal and gas power generation, plant design, advanced technologies, environmental compliance, mid-stream and downstream oil & gas and multi-disciplined industrial projects.
We provide comprehensive engineering, design, analysis, and consulting for energy and industrial markets worldwide. Sargent & Lundy’s professional and highly experienced staff has the ability and know-how to take on the smallest of tasks to scope-intensive, complex projects. If you are interested in this type of dynamic work, consider joining the Sargent & Lundy team.
As a Construction or Commissioning Specialist, you will be involved in the construction management or commissioning for solar farm construction for electrical power generators. There are various locations in all disciplines. (Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, and I&C)
- Providing management and leadership to the construction, start-up/testing and commissioning program from initial plan development through execution of the construction turnover, testing, start-up, commissioning and turnover to operations for the defined project scope.
- Providing start-up/testing and commissioning focused input into the construction planning and work scheduling.
- Developing detailed project specific start-up/testing and commissioning plans and schedules for incorporation in to the overall project plan and schedule.
- Creating the project specific Construction Turnover Package templates for contractors.
- Creating the project specific testing, start-up and commissioning procedures.
- Executing the testing, start-up and commissioning program.
- Preparing and conducting testing, start-up and commissioning related training.
- Completing turnover of tested systems to the plant operations.
- Coordinating OEM and Vendor training with Plant Facilities Manager and/or client specified personnel.
- Providing oversight of Project Master Deficiency List (MDL).
- Coordinating Commissioning Craft Labor needs with Lead Construction Field Engineer and/or construction contractors.
- Managing Construction Turnover (CTO) and System Turnover (STP) process.
- Identifying lock out/ tag out plan to be used during transition from construction to commissioning care custody and control.
The following skills, experience, and qualifications are required:
- Ability and willingness to work at a project site location; domestically or internationally.
- Success working with multi-cultural and multi-disciplined teams.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline, construction management, or equivalent experience with at least 15 years in the power industry or related field.
- Experience working on solar farms.
- Demonstrate strong project management, construction management, commissioning management, and computer skills.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate clearly and perform as a team player.
- Solid understanding of the power generation plant building and testing process.
- Solid understanding of the commissioning management process as applied to component, equipment, sub-system, and system pre-commissioning, commissioning, and integrated plant testing.
- Solid understanding of industrial safety as applied to the commissioning management process.
- Experience in the installation, maintenance, inspection, and commissioning of equipment associated with the power industry or related fields.
- Demonstrate success in managing the commissioning phase or related testing phase of projects.
- Exemplifies strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.