The Construction Manager manages all aspects of the assigned housing construction process according to quality standards and local building codes while adhering to budgets, maintaining the construction schedule, and providing the level of service required to achieve the established customer satisfaction goals within their assigned area of responsibility.
- Schedule according to the company Scheduling System and ensure all construction activity follows the established critical path and cycle time
- Understand and maintain the current lead times for trade contractors and suppliers, and provide them with copies of the schedule on a timely basis.
- Properly schedule and oversee the completion of all designated municipal inspections.
- Properly schedule and verify the completion of all designated internal quality inspections.
- Update division construction status reporting information according to established time frames.
- Ensure all homes are scheduled with a final Quality Inspection prior to the Pre-Occupancy Orientation.
- Ensure all homes are 100% complete on or before the established Pre-Occupancy
- Review all applicable job-specific information with trade contractors prior to the commencement of work.
- Provide regular written feedback to the Purchasing Department on trade contractor performance.
Job Site and Community Management
- Properly manage the location and appearance of all job site equipment, restrooms, and materials to ensure they do not interfere with marketing efforts and occupied homes.
- Ensure homes and production sites under construction are maintained in a clean, well-organized, safe and secure manner.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and accessible field office and construction storage area.
- Know and enforce all job site rules, regulations, and safety.
Customer Relations- Customer Satisfaction
- Schedule and conduct all formal “points of contact,” with the customer, according to the established formats, and promptly follow-up on any outstanding questions or issues.
- Initiate additional contact with customers according to company requirements.
- Ensure expectations are being accurately established at all points of contact, using the Homeowner Manual and Company outlines and checklists.
- Be courteous and present a professional appearance when interacting with customers.
- Properly document customer concerns and come to a decision and plan of action with the customer within agreed upon time frames.
- Respond to customer contact within established time frames and document all communication in the homeowner file.
- Communicate customer satisfaction measurement process to customers.
- Achieve the company-specified customer satisfaction goals.
Construction Cost Control
- Identify and document correctly all variances and determine their cause to ensure future elimination.
- Monitor job sites continually to identify and correct inefficiencies and waste.
- Authorize payment only after field verification of quality and 100% completion of work.
- Resolve any questions or problems regarding invoices and/or payments with the appropriate parties.
- Adhere to all established policies and procedures for authorization and payment of non-contract
- Ensure material deliveries are accurate regarding quality and quantity, and handle any discrepancies on site at the time of delivery or within 24 hours.
- Ensure the proper delivery and storage of materials to guard against theft, damage, or misuse.
- Promptly and properly communicate material variances to the Company.
- Properly document all material returns.
- Review plan accuracy and properly communicate any problems to the Construction Department.
- Enforce the company quality standards at all times.
- Ensure adherence to all defect-prevention procedures.
- Walk all homes under construction daily according to company practices and conduct inspections. Document in homeowner file all inspection checklists.
- Conduct all quality control inspections in accordance with company requirements. Document in homeowner file all quality inspection checklists.
- Conduct pre-occupancy orientations on homes and ensure all items are 100% complete and signed off prior to closing.
- Monitor job sites daily and address apparent safety issues immediately.
- Hold job site safety meetings with contractors as determined by the Company.
- Complete all established paperwork, reports, and files in accordance with the company format and time frames.
- Present a professional image in accordance with company appearance standards.
- Maintain a high level of ethics and integrity in all dealings.
- Maintain a personal time management system to facilitate organization and efficiency.
- Attend and pass all required training programs (management and technical)
- Demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Knowledge of all applicable codes.
- Knowledge of the issues of mold and mold remediation.
- Knowledge of residential construction concepts and practices.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to analyze problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with customers, contracted agencies and workers, other employees, supervisory personnel.
Works outside in extreme weather conditions, requires walking, climbing, standing and/or sitting for long periods. May require heavy lifting using appropriate safety equipment. Requires the use of safety glasses and boots.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma and 2 years’ experience in residential construction.