Jenkins/Gales & Martinez, Inc. (JGM) has offered a comprehensive array of design and construction - related services to public and private sector clients since its founding in 1981.
Today JGM consists of more than 50 professionals who specialize in program, project and construction management, urban planning and architectural design in the fields of transportation infrastructure, civic, educational, institutional, residential and commercial facilities. ﾠAll of JGM's professional staff is committed to the common goal of providing high-quality services and expertise to our public and private sector clients.
With current projects such as the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Corridor, Westside Subway Extension, LAX-Delta Airlines Terminal Redevelopment, and various others, being a part of the JGM Family allows you the ability to work on some of the most iconic and influential programs in the region.
Support management of client projects in Medical, Transportation, and Education fields. Act as Construction Manager overseeing the activities of Assistant Construction Managers, Office Engineers, Assistant Office Engineers, Lead Inspectors, Construction Inspectors, and Administrative/Project personnel. Monitor contractors work for compliance with schedule, Budget, Technical Specifications, and Legal Requirements. Resolve design and field construction problems. Attend progress meetings and reports on project status. Expedite design and field changes. Review contractor requests for change and, when appropriate, assist in the preparation of contract change orders/modifications. Assist the client Contracting Officer in the negotiation of contract changes. Communicate and implement safety rules, policies, and procedures in support of safety vision and goals to contractors and subordinate personnel.
- Bachelor s Degree in Construction Management or Engineering or related field.
- Professional architect or engineering license.
- Experience with:
- At least fifteen (15) years of experience in Heavy Civil Construction with ten (10) years in the construction of Transit, Medical and/or Education Projects.
- For transit: Experience as a Resident Engineer or Construction Manager on transit projects of at least $100 million.
- For education: DSA Experience
- Primavera Experience / P6
- Cal-OSHA/OSHA 30 training certification at start of work
- Registration as Professional Engineer or Architect is desirable.
- CCM Certification is a plus
- LEED certification a plus
- Large selection of medical plans and with a generous employer base plan--HMO, PPO, HSA/EPO options available; Dental, Vision, and Chiropractic/Acupuncture benefits, as well as, additional supplemental insurance offered.
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance (paid by JGM)
- 401K matching
- Education Assistance
JGM is a Drug-free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer