Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Construction Manager with 5+ years of experience to join our team in the Midwest/South to support United States Postal Service (USPS) facilities. The successful candidate will be embedded in a USPS facility and will work as an extension of USPS staff. The individual must possess a strong work ethic and high degree of flexibility and patience to adjust to changing work priorities and schedules.
Location is somewhat flexible, but preferred locations are St. Louis, MO; Chicago, IL; Indianapolis, IN, Dallas, TX or Denver, CO.
- Be fully familiarized with the contract requirements, client policies and procedures and ensure that those requirements are implemented (training to be provided upon hire)
- Validate design reviews and provide guidance for all engineering disciplines
- Validate all material inspections (all disciplines)
- Validate all equipment inspections (all disciplines)
- Validate all installation inspections (all disciplines)
- Support and guide client’s personnel in reviews, inspections and installation walkdowns
- Develop & provide various reports & status updates to client
- Lead / coordinate schedule reviews of contractors
- Review and validate all contractor pay applications and invoices
Skills / Qualifications
- Possession of a bachelor's or graduate degree from an accredited college or university in architecture; construction management; or civil, structural, electrical, or mechanical engineering; or possession of current state registration as an architect or engineer
- 5+ years of experience; Must have worked in the capacity of Construction Manager
- Excellent knowledge of multi-discipline construction related issues and their management
- Demonstrable experience of managing multi-cultural delivery teams and management of excellence in HSE
- Responsiveness to client requests and project execution
- Ability to coordinate/oversee A/E design contracts and construction contracts
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English)
- Proficiency in MS Office application software such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
By submitting your resume, you consent to Wood plc sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.