High quality of life with low cost of living just outside of Orlando, Florida
- Effectively leads project evaluation meetings and administrative reviews from conception to completion. Manages the negotiation and bidding of the project; develops, manages, and delivers a project change control process as needed to ensure project team operates within the scope and change approval process
- The management of employees of the facility, consultant designers, contractors and often other individuals with expert skills in their field to ensure successful project completion
- Pre-construction understanding of operational considerations, consistently assesses project risks and formulates mitigation plans as needed. Successfully develops and updates project budgets as required. Delivers projects in a timely and cost-efficient manner in accordance with the approved project scope
- Monitors subcontractor activities to guarantee compliance with project budget and specification requirements, and administer RFIs and Change Orders
- Self-motivated requiring minimal management from the Director. Multitasks and manages contract employees, consultants, vendors and staff
- Accurately manages multiple projects. Effectively prepares and presents technical and/or educational documentation of assigned projects to enhance the knowledge of our customers and team members affected
- Actively participates in internal and/or external training programs, staying current and compliant on application or technical skills applicable to assigned duties
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must possess knowledge of healthcare design and construction techniques
- Excellent project management skills are needed to manage the simple as well as complex projects
- Must be able to read, write and speak conversational English
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Extensive experience in the construction project lifecycle, which includes all project deliverables preferred.
- Five to ten years of healthcare project management experience preferred.
- Microsoft Project or similar project management program experience preferred.
- Proficient in the use of a computer for design preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A.A. Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or related field or General contracting or Builders license
- Five years’ project management experience
- B.S. Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or Related field preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current State License in Architecture, Interior Design, Structural or Civil Engineering, or General Contracting or Builders license
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- PMP (Project Manager Professional) certification
- CHC (Certified Healthcare Constructor
- Encouraged to participate in technical and professional societies
The Construction Manager is responsible for the design and oversight of projects as assigned, with or without consultants, interface with hospital clinical and engineering staff, management of code compliance, and commissioning of the building.