DISH is a Fortune 200 company with more than $15 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Wireless Construction Manager is responsible for the oversight and delivery of cellular sites as part of DISH’s NB-IoT Network build out. This exciting role is tasked with work planning, supervising and management of construction partners for assigned sites, as well as accountable for managing the overall field performance, including: scope, cost, safety, quality, schedule, and commissioning.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Coordinate all activities related to site construction: site walks scheduling, inventory coordination, quality validation, safety protocol validation, close out package verification and site release
- Interface with project management and construction vendors to ensure timely delivery of sites.
- Report project status and performance data to management
- Review project costs for time, materials and subcontractor accuracy
- Ensure permitting, inspections and code compliance are completed as needed for each assigned project
#LI-JM1 Chicago, IL
Skills - Experience and Requirements
Successful Construction Managers have the following:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university strongly preferred, and 5 years of related experience
- Current OSHA 30 Certification and RF Safety Certification
- An adventurous spirit; flexible, innovative, and capable of managing multiple projects and responsibilities in extreme time-critical settings
- Results focused leadership using energetic and positive communication skills
- Natural ability to work with all levels of management, staff, and vendors
- An affinity for analytics, acute attention to detail, and decisive in nature
- Ability to travel up to 80% of the time