Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is hiring and we have a Construction Materials Testing Engineering Technician opportunity with our Salt Lake City, Utah office with work across the Mountain Region States.
Like to work outdoors and travel? We have an exciting opportunity for experienced Materials Engineering Technicians and Inspectors. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. Will be working on mine or industrial sites. Projects may include tailings dams or leach pads with both earthwork and geosynthetic liner elements.
We’d love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. Our ideal candidate has strong technical capabilities, a commitment to delivering a quality product and is seeking challenging work. This individual also has ACI, ICC, WAQTC/TTQP and other certifications.
- Will perform field inspections and observations for mining, transportation and commercial/industrial construction projects in Utah and the surrounding Mountain Region States.
- Will perform soil, concrete and geosynthetic liner testing
- Will provide daily reports of observation and test results
- Will monitor work procedures for compliance with project specifications
- Will interact with client representatives (supervisors, foremen, project managers, engineers, etc.) at project sites
- Perform analysis or calculations to check accuracy, applicability and reasonableness of testing data
- Will assist in the lab conducting soils, aggregate and concrete testing as needed
- Will travel to project sites in Utah and the Mountain Region states
Skills / Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Materials Testing and inspection experience required
- A recent graduate with a BS in Civil Engineering or related degree with materials testing and inspection experience would also be a good fit for this opportunity
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Reliability – must be able to arrive at designated project sites prior to scheduled times
- Ability to prepare reports and documentation
- Ability and willingness to travel within Utah and possibly other western states to support other Wood offices
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- ACI certification preferred but not required
- ICC certifications preferred but not required
- Good understanding of construction drawings and specifications
- MHSA certification
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Ability and willingness to work in variable outside conditions
- Ability and willingness to work out of state on mining and industrial project sites
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.